03| Threat

❦︎

"You again?"

"Long time no see, Ms Leighton" Abigor said with a slight smirk while looking straight at the man giving out a speech as all the guests either listened or talked amongst themselves.

"Y-Y-You know him" Kahlil stuttered beside Aria as Abigor frowned and tore his gaze away from the stage.

The boy with sunkissed skin looked between him and Aria confusedly.

"We met once" she dismissed in a bored tone while gulping down the shimmering liquid from the flute.

"And who is this?" Abigor finally asked as he looked at the little vixen dressed to kill. A beautiful midnight blue mermaid dress along with gold pieces of jewellery.

"I'm her-"

"My boyfriend" Aria cut Kahlil off instantly as Abigor's smirk fell and anger surfaced. He looked at the young boy, who looked surprised and troubled at the same time, in disgust.

"What is he? 12?" Abigor retorted back.

"Why do you care, Mr Hayes?" she said, as this time her green eyes travelled up to him and pinned him to his spot.

"And I'm 19" Kahlil interjected, quite offended.

Without breaking his eye contact with Aria, he clicked his fingers. And out of nowhere, Karl popped up beside him. Aria looked at the new addition in amusement as she calculated his next moves.

"Take him away" Abigor ordered while pointing towards Kahlil.

"Hey! You cannot do that!" Kahlil shouted as Aria's eyes filled with anger. The most expressions he had seen on her face.

"What are you up to?" she almost snarled as Abigor chuckled and saw Karl taking away a struggling Kahlil.

"Nothing" he sighed "Just wanted to talk civilly without the interference of a brat"

She took a threatening step towards him as his eyebrows shot up in amusement. She held the collar of his greyish-blue shirt and jerked his huge form so that now his head was at her level.

"I hope whatever you plan to do, stays away from Kahlil, otherwise-"

"Otherwise what, little girl?" he hummed as his hands went around her and caged her between him and the table behind her "tell me what you'll do" his eyes fixed on her light pink plump lips.

Something shined in her eyes as she looked away and loosened her hold on his collar. A smile made its way to her face as she looked at him again "I apologize, Mr Hayes. I need to get my temperament in control"

He looked at her weirdly, she was the first person he couldn't decipher.

She tried to push him away while looking at Kahlil's direction. He was now talking calmly to Karl while they occasionally laughed. She looked around for her bodyguards, but they were also nowhere to be found.

"You are weird" Abigor concluded as pulled away and sat on a seat while he patted the spot next to him, for her.

She hesitated a bit but decided to comply anyway, as she slowly sat down while evening out the creases on her dress.