17| Drive

❦︎

"You know, if you try anything I'll use this taser on you"

Aria said threateningly to Abigor while holding the light pink taser in her hands and glaring at him.

After Abigor broke into her house late in the evening, he dragged her out and made her sit in his car while he drove to god knows where.

He glanced at the taser in her hand and chuckled at the tacky colour "You think that thing is going to do me shit?"

"Wanna try?" she said as she pushed the taser near his ear and it sparked. He backed away in a start and glared at her.

"PUT THAT SHIT AWAY"

"Why? I thought it wouldn't do shit to you?" she said, mimicking his deep voice and putting the taser, even more, closer to him as he flinched back while glaring at the road.

"ARIA LEIGHTON! PUT THAT AWAY. WE COULD GET INTO AN ACCIDENT, YOU COULD DIE" he shouted on top of his lungs as the nerves on his neck strained in anger.

"I know you'd protect me"

Her simple reply made him still as he saw her putting the taser back in her purse. His heart raced as he gulped down the lump in his throat.

"What makes you think that?" he asked, much calmer because that godforsaken
thing wasn't near his ear anymore.

She shrugged and looked out of the window "I just know"

He remained quiet. He knew she hit the bullseye, he'd protect her in a heartbeat and the thought of her getting hurt, made him want to pull his hair out.

"Remember to be gentle, but not too gentle. Girls love a bit of roughness"

Benjamin's words rang in his head as he scoffed internally. He said all those things Abigor was already doing. At least that's what he thought.

"Maybe. Maybe I would protect you"

• • •

"Really? A drive-in movie?"

Aria looked at the whole place with her mouth a little agape. Multiple cars situated in front of the big screen, showing some random movie as families sat on the trunk of the car. Some chatting while some eating and laughing happily.

An unconscious smile appeared on her face as she looked around the area. Abigor came out with a huge basket and she looked down at it with wide eyes.

"Our second date"

He said with an almost happy tone which made Aria bite the inside of her cheeks to stop the growing grin. She failed miserably.

"I thought you were a luxurious dinner date type of guy" she said while she noticed him opening the trunk of his Audi. Her eyes widened when she saw two huge pillows already settled inside along with a basket.

"I reckoned you'd like something simple" he said while sitting inside, leaning against the pillows and patting the spot next to him "Was I wrong?"

Aria couldn't fight back the smile this time as she shook her head "You were absolutely right"

He smiled back a bit as he saw Aria climbing up and sitting next to him. Their bodies pressed together as her heartbeat accelerated when he draped his arms around her waist and pulled her even closer.