chapter 37

" Are you sure?" I glance at Jenna from the corner of my eye as she adjusts my tie.

" Of course, darling... everything will be fine." Jenna licks her lower lip, her expression focused as she continues working on my outfit.

" I'm really nervous... Lately, we've had other issues, and the Calculus competition is the last thing we should be thinking about." I sigh resignedly and smile as I see Jenna's eyes drift to my lips, pausing there.

" I think this competition will help you distract yourself." Professor Ortega slides her hands along my hips, stopping at my waist.

" So... am I ready?" I ask, nervously biting my lower lip, and Jenna genuinely smiles.

" I'm sure." She whispers near my lips.

We were in the famous science classroom, mentally preparing ourselves to face the dreaded competition we had talked about and studied for months. The Calculus competition would take place in the gym, under the watchful eyes of demanding external administrators. Teachers could only observe from a distance and personally announce the results to those involved.

" God... there's an incredible sexual tension." Out of the corner of my eye, I see Enid, my best friend who came to see me outside of school hours, looking at us with disgust and embarrassment.

Jenna sighs loudly and steps away from my body, knowing perfectly well that the moment was ruined by her student Enid.

" Enid... when you're supposed to stay quiet... you talk. " The other person who knew about the relationship I had with Jenna, Olivia, looks at her new friend with reproach and amusement.

"Olivia... just look at them. At any moment, they'll strip naked and do it right in front of our eyes." Enid opens her arms and looks at Olivia in confusion, emphasizing that she was right.

" Miss Sinclair... we're capable of self-control." Jenna responds nervously, looking at her student through her long lashes.

" Well... let's just say we've done it everywhere... even where you are right now." I quickly admit with a mischievous tone and receive a light tap on the back of my head from Jenna. " y/n! You shouldn't say... well... " Jenna blushes, and I laugh because she looks adorable.

" Eww! Eww!" Enid exclaims as she stands up from the desk, wiping her clothes with her hand in an attempt to remove or at least forget what I confessed. " Stay still! God, you could have spilled everything!" Olivia catches a small water bottle in mid-air and sighs in relief, seeing that she prevented it from spilling.

" We'll talk about that later." Jenna whispers in my ear, taking advantage of Enid and Olivia's distraction. I gulp audibly and nod slightly, slightly frightened by her words.Her lips softly land on my cheek, and she kisses me gently, wishing me good luck without drawing attention in front of my friends.

" Let's go." Jenna says to the air, taking my hand gently and intertwining our fingers. " Move, idiot." Olivia looks at Enid with playful eyes, and Enid walks quickly to keep up with us.Let's hope the competition goes well.

(...)

I yawn and squint as I search for my phone that's ringing. Who's calling at this hour? I sit on the bed and answer the phone with a relaxed tone.

"Hello?" I ask without even looking at who's calling.

"Y/n/n... we have a big problem." Olivia's muffled voice sounds concerned through the phone, and I try to pay more attention to what she has to say with concern.

" What happened?" I ask, and Olivia sighs without saying a word, as if she's in shock.

" I think the whole school knows your secret." Olivia murmurs, and I feel my heart stop, unable to believe her words.