chapter 35

Who are you?

Unknown: Both of us know that I won't reveal who I am.

Unknown Save the detective nonsense, just stay alert.

Unknown: Ah, perhaps later I'll give you another gift, who knows 😜"

I don't respond to the messages and continue staring at the phone with concern. I bite my lower lip and think about how to confront this unpleasant situation.

"Are you okay, honey?" I lift my head and look towards the voice. My girlfriend appears in pajamas, hair damp from the recent shower. I smile timidly as I see Jenna approaching.

The side of the bed sinks, and a hand gently takes mine. I sigh and look at the phone in my hands.

"I... " I take a breath. "I received a very strange message from an unknown person." I confess and glance at Jenna.

Jenna is surprised by this revelation and shivers down her spine. Her eyes widen in surprise and concern as she looks at me.

"What do you mean by a message from an unknown person? What did it say?" She looks at me with shining and worried eyes.

I take a deep breath and try to control the agitation before responding.

"The message said that this person knows about our relationship. I don't know how it's possible, Jenna. I'm really scared." I admit quickly, and Jenna's face turns completely white with fear.

Jenna wraps herself even tighter around me, trying to comfort me.

"We have to face this situation together. Do you have any idea who could be the person who sent the message? We can try to gather more information and take necessary steps to protect ourselves." Jenna bites her lower lip, resting her chin on my head as she tries to stay close to me.

I shake my head, still filled with worry in my eyes.

"I have no idea who it could be. I checked the sender's number, but it seems to be anonymous. I also don't have any suspicions about who else might know about our relationship." I place a hand on hers and hold onto her embrace.

Jenna tries to stay calm despite the fear settling in her.

"We need to be cautious and find ways to protect ourselves. We could contact the authorities and report what happened. Additionally, we should be even more careful with our devices and personal information. Maybe we could also consult a cybersecurity expert for more advice." Jenna suggests, and I raise an eyebrow at her proposal.

I discreetly move away from her embrace and look at her with confusion.

"Love, that would be a good idea... but have you considered that we should inform the authorities about the reason for this investigation?" I look at Jenna as she pushes a strand of hair away from her face. "You know... I'm of legal age... but you're still my teacher," I affirm, and Jenna absentmindedly nods, blushing under my gaze.

Jenna understands her partner's concerns and the importance of protecting their relationship by approaching the situation discreetly. Both decide to explore other options to uncover the identity of the unknown person.

"You're right. We need to be cautious and find a way to discover this person's identity without jeopardizing our relationship. There are other avenues we can pursue." She smiles genuinely and looks at me with admiration.

I nod, showing signs of relief as Jenna understands my worry.

"Yes, exactly. We can try to gather more information about this person independently. I can do online searches or check social media activities to see if we find any clues. Maybe we could also try to trace the origin of the message." My eyes shine with enthusiasm at the idea, almost getting excited about playing the role of a detective.