"I know," I nodded. "I think if we had a baby, we would be more willing to make time for one another for the sake of the baby."

"Em, this is huge," he said putting his hands on both sides of his face. "A baby is forever. This is the rest of our lives we're talking about."

"I know and I think I'm ready for it," I said. "Obviously we would have extra time to adjust before it would be here, but I think it really would be good for us. That would be one thing only we can have together."

"You're sure about this?" Harry asked me, giving me a serious look. "You want a baby in the next year?"

"I do," I nodded. "And Harry, if we do this, you won't be badgered about it from our mom's and the kingdom about getting an heir. We would have most of the arguments solved by then," I explained. He leaned over on his knees and stared at me. "Problems solved."

"Okay," he said. "I'll tell you about my hesitations," he said, shifting uncomfortably.

He took in a deep breath and rubbed his hand over his tattoos.

"All the arguments we've had before, I've avoided because it was literally all anyone could ever talk about. My mum, your mum, my sister, the advisers, and you. I felt like they were all asking me to grow up faster than I was willing to. I get your points, but I don't think we're ready."

"There's still something you're not telling me," I said. I brought my chair closer to him. "Tell me," I said, placing my hands on his thighs.

"It's nothing, Emerald," he said, waving his hand around.

"It is though," I said. He had his lip between his teeth. "You can tell me anything, Harry."

"I'm...." He started, trailing off. His eyes avoiding me. I took his hands in mine, locking our fingers together. "I'm just going to be a terrible father one day."

"How do you know that?" I asked him.

"Because of my dad," he shrugged. "I mean, he was good, but he was so harsh and demanding."

"Well, I think when we have a baby, you're going to be much different," I noted.

"I would ask how you know this, but you're going to tell me anyways," he mentioned. "So go ahead."

"Like I need your permission," I laughed. "You're such a compassionate guy, H. I think we are all afraid of becoming our parents when we ourselves are faced with the possibility of parenthood. We learn from the mistakes of our parents and implement the changes on our children."

"You thought long and hard about this," he mentioned.

"My mother also had a nice talk about it with me," I smiled. "So?"

"I don't know!" He laughed, a smile appearing on his face. "I mean.... I don't know. This is one of those things where I don't know what to say. It's not because I don't want to have kids with you, it's just... I don't know."

"You seem to not know a lot," I joked.

"You know what I mean though, right?" he asked. I shook my head. "If I say yes, we make love without protection, and what? We just move on with our daily lives? I don't know if me saying yes will make any difference," he said.

"You don't have to say yes now, I just want you to know that this is what I want," I said, drawing small shapes on his hand.

"I know that and I'm glad you told me," he smiled. "So... how about this. How about we maybe...start trying after our trip to the Gaelic country," he said sheepishly. I looked at him with wide eyes, not expecting that answer.

"Really?" I asked, not believing the words coming from his mouth.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I mean, it's only like another month away. Talking with the Gaelics is what is on our minds right now and after we meet with them in their territory, we will have things easier and I think it would be a good time to start our family."

"I wasn't expecting an answer to be honest," I said.

"I know you weren't," he smiled. "But I know it's also my job to make you happy and if having a baby together is what's going to make you happy, then it makes me happy."

"What about you though?" I asked. "You said you were scared."

"I just said that if-"

"I know what you said, Harry!" I giggled.

"Yes," he nodded, a smile on his face. "I would love to see you all beautiful and plump carrying our child inside your womb."

I smiled at him and stood up so I was now above him. I looked down at him before leaning down and tenderly pressing my lips to his. His large hand released mine and cupped my cheek gently. I smiled into the kiss. He pecked my lips repeatedly as he fell back onto the bed. I giggled as he continued kissing my lips.

"I love you," he said. "More than I can even begin to describe."

He turned us over so he was straddling my waist and pinning me to the bed. I looked up at him as his green eyes looked over my face, his bottom lip between his teeth. A grin appeared on his lips as he smiled at me.

"What?"

"Nothing," he shook his head. "Just adoring my beautiful wife."