thirty-three

XXXIII. Japan Nights

JAPAN: September 2023

TWITTER:
(again please ignore the year in the date of the media posts lol)

TWITTER:(again please ignore the year in the date of the media posts lol)

@fan00: AHH CLARA IS BACK!

@fan.f122: please tell me she is back for good

             @redbullracing: she's back.

Clara didn't want to believe the email she received after the Singapore GP. She hesitated until Max called her for confirmation. That Christian changed his mind and that she was expected to be back in the next GP.

It took her a few days to accept until Max bought her a plane ticket and made sure that she was in first class to avoid any attention and to calm her down. When she arrived at the airport, Max was there to pick her up.

And at the hotel she still expected to wake up from a dream. But then they rode to the circuit for Media Day, her in her Redbull jacket and was inside the garage.

She missed the people and the atmosphere, a whole lot of people from the team welcomed her back. GP gave her back her headset, "It's nice to have you back, Clara."

Clara went through the whole day doing her job like she never left. The team could not deny that Clara was a natural at this. Though, because she was trying to get back on the groove of things, she didn't get to see Max or Daniel. Both were pretty busy with media day that they didn't really see much of each other.

Max was confused, wouldn't Daniel jump on the chance on being able to talk to Clara. But what he didn't know was that the Australian already had a plan that only him and Clara would know.

After orienting the PR Staff again, GP approached her again. "Clara." he said. She smiled and turned to him, "Yes?" He simply smiled and handed her a small note.

"What's this?" she asked. He chuckled, "Just read it." he said. As he walked away, so did the rest of the team. She was left in the debriefing room. She opened the note, her heart racing as she recognized the handwriting.

Quickly standing up, she walked to the track where she knew he would be waiting for her. The moment she reached the track, the sun was starting to set and the sky was turning dark.

She walked further the track, closer to the person she was to meet. When she was just a meter away from him, she stopped. Fear and guilt consuming her.

"Don't turn away." Daniel said as he stared at her. She frowned, "I didn't mean to run." she said. He hummed and nodded, walking slowly towards her, closing the distance between them.

Daniel couldn't help it, he missed her. He wrapped his arms around her. Loving the feeling of her warmth, he sighed in relief and lowered his head to her shoulder.

"You were so close..." he muttered. Clara sighed and hugged him back, "I know. I'm sorry I didn't try harder." she admitted.

He shook his head, "I don't care. I already forgave you. I found out." he simply said. She pulled back, his hands on her waist, "You found out..."

"Christian told me. Why didn't you tell me-" "Because it was my fight." she cut him off stubbornly. Daniel bit his lip and she gulped, raising her hand towards his face, pulling his bottom lip from his teeth.

"It was between me and Christian and the contract."

"But I could have helped."

"I wanted to do it on my own. For myself, to save you from whatever he might do. I didn't want to be selfish."

Daniel's eyes brightened, a smile appearing on his lips. "Then you are good for me."

She froze, "You- you heard about that?" "It was the first thing Max told me."

Silence. Something that was familiar to the both of them. The sun had set, the lights of the track was turned on. Daniel sighed, placing a hand on her cheek, "Don't ever think you aren't good for me. Because you sacrificing your job for me and my seat is enough."

"I still pushed you away-"

"And yet you are here now. I don't want to dwell on the past anymore. Please Lara. I missed you."

TWITTER: