twenty-five

XXV. Noticeable

SILVERSTONE: July 2023

Daniel sat next to Scarlet as Clara led the meeting. She was reminding them of what and not do. It was the normal meeting, just reminders and some plans for Daniel And Scarlet but it felt like Clara was trying to finish the meeting early.

Max was lost why she was in a rush but just as the meeting was adjourned, she was out the room and not giving the Dutch a chance to ask any questions. He sighed as he watched Daniel run after her.

He was left there with Scarlet as the rest of the Redbull team walked out. He sat there in silence. He didn't want to overthink things but he felt as though there was something that his best friend was not telling him.

"It's so obvious." Scarlet suddenly spoke. Max turned to her. A small smile on the model's lips. "What do you mean?" the driver asked. Scarlet turned to her, "Clara and Daniel."

Silence. Max didn't want to admit it, he didn't want to assume about Clara's feelings before and didn't end well (with a black eye for him actually.) "Clara is such a sweetheart and yet very scared. She hides herself in work to stop herself from feeling." Scarlet concluded.

Max sighed, the model was right. Clara did overwork herself so she didn't have to talk about life or feelings. "She has always been like this. Especially when she doesn't want to admit anything." he said.

Scarlet smiled, "But she can't hide it Max. I can see it, you can see it, and so does the team." she said. He sighed and shook his head, "It doesn't matter if we do. Clara is stubborn-"

"But so is Daniel. He has been determined." she cut him off. She had a point he thought. Daniel wasn't a quitter but it was any other girl, he would have given up already. But there he was now, running after his best friend like it was the most normal thing ever.

And maybe it was. He still didn't know what happened at the restaurant.