twenty-six

XXVI. Mistakes

HUNGARY: July 2023

Clara didn't know why she agreed, it was the end of Media Day and she should be with Max. She should be keeping a close eye on him, to keep him from doing something stupid. But there she was, sitting in front of Daniel, eating lunch at a random restaurant in Hungary.

She knew it was a risk but Daniel practically begged. Promising that if she didn't enjoy the day he would leave her alone. A part of her wished it wouldn't happen. She would be contented on having whatever they had but she knew Daniel was hurting from the the continuous change on the way she was treating him.

But then again, the guilt was eating her and wanted to end it all. But then again, she didn't.

"You still like it like this right?" Daniel asked as he pushed a cup of coffee in front of her. She looked down to see a normal cup of black coffee, her heart fell and she hummed.

Grabbing the hot drink and sipping it slowly. "Sorry for forcing you." "You didn't." she said simply. Placing the cup on the table, she looked up at him, the conflicted expression on his face.

Daniel didn't know what was happening, he didn't know where things were leading. One moment they would be okay then the next it was like he was a disease to be avoided. That hurt him, so he gave it today. If she didn't want to be near him, he would accept it, Scarlet was a great girl. Who would know.

"Remember when you tried my fix?" She asked trying to ease the tension. Daniel couldn't help but laugh, "Yeah, I don't understand your taste."

This opened a whole different atmosphere, a very light and comfortable, it was like time stopped and they travelled back when they were okay. Their laughs, smiles, and voices, all the same and they wished they could stay.

But time moved forward, the coffee and sandwiches were finished. They stood up, smiles fading, they already knew what would happen. They stood in front of each other.

Daniel gulped and pushed his hands inside his pockets, "So...Did you-" he was cut off with Clara hugging him. His breath hitched but sighed, wrapping his arms around her.

"Don't. I'm sorry Danny..." she muttered. He sighed, "I just don't understand Lara..." "It's for you. I always thought of you."

When they pulled away, they smiled at each other. Although their moment was ruined when their phones dinged with a notification. Both looking at it, their faces paled. They were screwed.

TWITTER: