twenty-eight

XXVIII. Where Are You?

AUGUST 2023

TWITTER:

INSTAGRAM:

INSTAGRAM:

Daniel didn't know what was happening

Daniel didn't know what was happening. The PR Relationship had ended and he was free. Christian didn't say anything just that the contract with Scarlet's manager was void. He didn't want to pry more, that was except for Clara.

He had asked everyone but no one really gave him an answer. Not even Max, he wasn't really understanding what happened. Until she saw his tweet and her post.

They were together and yet it seemed the two were unbothered about him. Daniel felt left behind, his friends were living through the break happily, if not spending time with family, they were around people they cherished.

Then there he was. Back in Monaco, alone. He knew he wouldn't be able to enjoy this break. It was hurting him that he didn't get to at least talk to Clara. Ask her about the note, but it seemed as though she had disappeared.

Clara on the other hand stayed with Max. She knew it was dangerous seeing as Daniel was still in Monaco, but she didn't want to go back home to Belgium alone.

And despite being laid off the job she loved, she wanted to be with her best friend. So there she was. Sitting on her best friend's couch as she stared at nothing.

She felt guilty all over again. She had left Daniel with nothing but a measly note. Maybe this was it. Maybe through this, through disappearing he would be away from the hurt she was causing him.

Maybe.

Max frowned and looked at his phone. Daniel was one call away but honestly, he had to make sure one thing.

"You like him don't you?" Max asked. Clara didn't look at him. She frowned and lowered her head, "You don't have to hide from me."

"What if I do? It's not like I can do anything. I hurt him too much already." she started. She hugged her knees as Max sat on the floor, criss-crossed legs and looked at his best friend.

"I have pushed him away way too much. I was too focused with my job that it affected his as well. I was never good for him."

Max frowned, "How can you say that?" Clara glared at him, "Do I have to repeat myself-" "Give me an actual reason. Have you intentionally done something bad to him? Did you use him?"

"No."

"Then how can you say you're bad for him? Look at it from my eyes, every time you two were together, all I saw was his bright smile, hear his loud laughter, feel him jitter beside me, hear him whisper how beautiful and smart you are. You were it for him, yes you pushed him away but it's never too late. Not with Daniel at least."

Was he right? Maybe. But how can she bring it back? She didn't know how.

Right now, Daniel was in the dark of the truth. Clara looked at Max, desperately silently asking for help. The Dutch driver sighed, "He deserves to know the truth."

"How?"

"Allow me."