ten

X. Canceled

AUSTRALIA: April 2023

Clara groaned as she walked back at the hotel she was staying at. She had called the front desk if she could stay in the same room for a few more nights seeing as her flight got canceled because of an impending storm.

She was a bit annoyed so when she was walking to the elevator, she did not notice Daniel walking out. But he noticed her. He saw the angry look on her face, but also the way her shoulders sagged.

"Whoa, Clara. What are you still doing here?" His voice caught her attention. She turned to him, a deep frown on her face. One that made Daniel worried, what happened to the few hours the team parted?

"Oh, hey Daniel. Sorry, I'm a bit out of it. My flight got canceled and I had to call the hotel and I am really not a fan of storms-" Clara knew she was rambling and she was embarrassed but she could care less. She was frustrated and Daniel clearly saw that. No need to fake it now.

"Whoa calm down Clara. Breathe first. How about you come with me-" Daniel was now rambling but Clara did not let him finish.

"What do you mean Daniel?" Clara was confused, frustrated, and tired. She did not need Daniel making it harder for her.

"Relax. Not like that, staying at a hotel can be nerve wracking at itself, but with a storm and in a foreign place, it would be calmer for you to stay with someone you know. If you want."

Clara stared at him, this made him feel cautious and patted his face. "Uh- is there something on my face?" "No."

"Then why are you staring?" Clara pursed her lips and frowned, "You're willing to invite me to your home?" She asked.

Daniel furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't ask something bad did he? "Isn't that a bit, unprofessional?" she asked.

His heart broke, and she saw that. That way his lips frowned, his eyes looking at the ground and a sigh escaping his lips. She didn't mean to, she just didn't want to over step boundaries.

"I thought we were more than co-workers Lara..." he mumbled. Her heart ached, hearing that nickname . "What do you mean Danny?"

His head snapped up to look at her. She called me Danny. "We're friends right?" She gulped but nodded. A small smile appearing on his face, "Then please, I offer my house to my friend."

TWITTER:

➥@maxvers: that looks familiar

@maxvers: that looks familiar

@kinderjoy: since when did danny ric have girls?