twenty-four

XXIV. Danny Day

AUSTRIA: July 2023

TWITTER:

Scarlet smiled as the Redbull team and the rest of Daniel's friends congratulated her for the successful birthday party

Scarlet smiled as the Redbull team and the rest of Daniel's friends congratulated her for the successful birthday party. Although in the pit of his stomach she was feeling guilty. No one, except for Christian and Clara who knew the truth.

Scarlet didn't know of Daniel's birthday, she didn't even know it was that month until Clara had talked to her. She felt bad, they were in a PR relationship but they were also friends. And as people congratulated her, the fans happy that she was making an effort, and Daniel being grateful and thankful of her, her eyes found Clara.

The PR Manager of the Redbull team talking to Lando's singer best friend, Amelia. She knew the moment she entered the picture, there was something that was pulling Daniel and Clara together, so, on their first dinner, she had asked the driver what they were.

But like everyone else, she didn't get that much answer. According to Daniel, they were friends. But she doesn't believe that at all.

Her thoughts were cut off when Max spoke catching the attention of everyone. "Time for cake!" Everyone gathered around a smiling Daniel. Scarlet stood there, mesmerized at the friendships he had formed.

Suddenly, a tap was felt on her shoulder. She turned to see Clara standing there with Daniel's cake on her hands. She frowned, "Clara-" "Time for cake Scarlet. Go and give it to Daniel."

Scarlet frowned but the cake was placed on her hands. Clara smiled at her and nudged her through the crowd. At the sight of her, Daniel beamed. His smile reached his eyes, both girls noted.

The guests started to sing as Daniel joined them. Clara stood there, watching as Scarlet sang with the crowd. She watched as Scarlet looked up at him, a smile on her face. She watched as Daniel wrapped an around her waist, pulling her closer as he sang with the crowd. She watched as he made a wish and giving her a hug.

Clara stood there and watched. The small smile the she wore faded. As the crowd cheered for him, his eyes found hers. His smile softened as his eyes. She gulped and sent a smile back, mouthing a "Happy Birthday Danny." she turned and walked away.

Clara didn't know why she ended up by the pool area of the hotel they were staying in. Her legs in the water as she splashed water with her feet and legs. She was lost in her thoughts, not realizing Daniel had found her and sat next to her.

She only felt his presence when his hand found hers. She opened her eyes and watched the waves her legs would make. She frowned when she heard Daniel sigh.

"You should be in there." Clara said. Daniel looked at her, "You're not in there." He simply said. She finally turned to him and raised an eyebrow, "Am I needed there?"

He stared at her, gripping her hand, "Would you believe me if I said yes?" he asked hopefully. She sighed and looked back at the water. "Scarlet is there." she said.

Daniel frowned, "She isn't you." he whispered. All she could do was hum and nod, but she didn't say anything. She couldn't say anything, she didn't want to make it harder for herself.

The two sat there, enjoying the feeling of the water. Suddenly Clara remembered something. Pulling her hand away from Daniel's, she stood up. Daniel followed after her, afraid she was going to run away from him again. But she didn't.

She started to look for something in her pockets, "Is every thing okay Lara?" Daniel asked carefully. She hummed, "I forgot something..." she muttered.

Daniel watched carefully, it didn't take long for him to find what she was looking for. She pulled out a little velvet pouch, she walked to him and handed it to him. He looked at her confused, she laugh at his reaction, "It's a gift idiot." she said as she pushed his hands to him.

"You open it." she said sarcastically. Daniel rolled his eyes but opened it. He didn't know what to expect, only that he had to be delicate with it. Carefully taking the thing out of the bag, he realized what it was.

"A code?" he asked as he inspected the waves of the code. It was a yarn bracelet with an acrylic pendant with a spotify code printed on it. Clara nodded and smiled, "Try to scan it." she said.

Daniel pulled out his phone, clearly intrigued at the choice of gift. When he scanned it, a familiar tune started to play. A memory playing in their heads as the song played.

Clara smiled as Daniel bopped his head to the song. He started singing and dancing to the song, she couldn't help but chuckle at his antics. He jumped around the pool chairs as the chorus arrived.

"Daniel!" she scolded him but he continued to sing. Grabbing her hand, he spun her and led to dance with her. Clara's cheeks blushed as she let Daniel move her around.

She studied him as the song continued to play. "I know that you're scared, cause I'm so open..."