xl.

chapter forty.

After climbing into Hope's car and somehow managing to all fit, they had driven into the city and arrived at McKenna's restaurant. It was all day type of food place, you could order breakfast for lunch or dinner and vice versa.

They had discovered it during an outing with Aurora and Rhea, they were shopping for the new addition to the family and Rhea was having cravings for a waffle, but it was already the afternoon, luckily they had found McKenna's and her food was to die for.

The bell above the door went off signaling their arrival, they were surprised to see that it wasn't as busy as it normally would be but that just meant that they could be a little more comfortable without being stared at by people who did know who and what they were.

The owner, which was an adorable older lady with blonde hair and blues, noticed them and smiled. "If it isn't my weekly favorites."

"Please, we're your only favorites." Rina joked with a smile of her own.

McKenna Jane was a nice old lady that had taken a liking to the Mikaelson family, she was human and in the dark, so she didn't know what they were which was nice to meet someone who didn't exactly fear them. When she had met Aurora and Rhea, she had complimented them before she then noticed Rhea's baby bump and practically swooned over Rhea's pregnancy glow.

It was safe to say, McKenna was adored by the family now.

They seated themselves at their usual table and immediately opened the menus while McKenna worked on getting their waters. Hope was explaining the menu to Raf, while Natalie was doing the same for MG, and Rina had taken it upon herself to help out Iris while Malik was on his phone texting his father about their whereabouts.

McKenna then arrived with their waters and set them down without spilling before sighing with a smile. "Alright, what can I get you guys today?"

They went in order with Hope ordering first, she ordered the chicken and waffles with spicy syrup to go with it along with a vanilla iced coffee. Rafael then went and ordered steak and eggs, with a side of potatoes. Natalie ordered a stuffed omelet with her favorite things with a side of toast. MG ordered their famous bourbon burger with a side of fries along with a coke to drink. Iris ordered the chicken strips which automatically came with fries, and she also got a strawberry shake to go with it. Rina and Malik got the same thing, well kind of, they both ordered a batch of McKenna's famous wings, but Rina got hers with regular buffalo while Malik had his with the mango habanero wings, they also got an Oreo shake and some onion rings.

"Sounds good." McKenna smiled as she wrote everything down before walking over to the kitchen where she handed in the order for the chefs in the kitchen.

"So, Iris." Rafael spoke, hoping to start a conversation at the silent table. "How are you liking the school?"

Iris smiled as she sipped her water before saying, "It's great so far, I've made a few friends including your brother Landon. He's really shy but he's fitting in nicely with his little group of friends."

Rafael smiled at that. "Yeah, he tells me about them, and I've met a few of them."

"They're all so nice." Iris says with a smile.

The table then flowed into a casual conversation with everyone talking about their favorite teachers and subjects so far. Suddenly the bell went off again and in walked Diego, Wendy, and Jade, who spotted the group and waved.

"Hey guys." Rina greeted them with a wide smile.

Malik and Rina had finally met the infamous trio and instantly got along with them. Rina adored Wendy and Jade and the three often hung out together whenever Hope was with Raf and Natalie was off with MG. Malik hung with Diego often, the duo had become really good friends, which Matthias believed was a good thing for him. Deigo and Malik did their weird handshake while Jade and Wendy gave Rina a hug.