vii.

chapter seven.

"Your brother lied earlier."

Hope pulled her attention away from the blazing fire and looked towards Rafael. "Brother? Oh!" She let out a small laugh. "Malik is actually my cousin actually, along with Rina and Natalie though we're together so often that it's like we're siblings." She smiled softly before frowning. "But what did he lie about?"

"He said you guys were wolves but rumor around the school is that you're all tribrid's." Rafael told her but Hope could tell that he wasn't angry, he was more curious than anything.

"And you want to know why he said that." Hope figured with a nod of her head before sighing and looking up towards the star litsky. "Malik, Rina, and I are all tribrid's which means that we're witch, vampire, and werewolf all in one. I am the second of our kind, their father is the first."

"So how does that work?" He asked her.

Hope laughed softly. "Nothing is really different about us, to trigger our wolf gene we have to take a human life which we did on accident. We can still actively use magic within our limitations if any, but when we die, we'll trigger our vampire side and become immortal. The only plus side to it all is that we aren't bound by the full moon."

"You're lucky then." Rafael pointed out with a bitter smile. "I think the others and I can agree that we would love to turn on will."

Hope opened and closed her mouth, she knew that creating hybrids was dangerous, that it created a sirebond and the process of breaking it was gruesome. At least that's what Hayley had told them and after what had happened to the boy they tried to help long ago, none of them felt comfortable in doing so.

"With time, the shift won't be so bad anymore." Hope told him. "At my school, we're learning to control our wolves on the full moon."

"Is that possible?" Rafael asked with wide eyes.

Hope shrugged, "My Uncle and my dad are teaching everyone because since we aren't bound to the moon we can remember every kill, every moment, and what they want the others to learn is how to keep consciousness when they shift. While it takes a lot of control, some have been able to remember every moment of their shift, some are able to control the distance their wolf takes them, and it's so much..." Hope trailed off when she noticed how Rafael was staring at her. "Sorry, I started rambling. I tend to do that when people ask me about my school."

Rafael only smiled at her. "I think it's cute."

Hope felt her cheeks up at that and she turned her head. "We don't make it a habit to announce what we are to new people; our names practically give it away though so it's not so much a secret ever."

"I think it makes you really cool." Rafael told her honestly. "I mean I'm sure it's not without its challenges, but still."

Hope let out a small laugh and hummed. "Yeah, I guess we are pretty cool."

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Natalie was laughing alongside one Milton Greasley. They were cross faded, the two had drank at the party and a girl by the name of Penelope Park had given them some weed at some point. Now everything in the kitchen was making them laugh.

Natalie was holding a cucumber in her hand, the girl was going to make a type of salad she had learned from her uncle that required cucumber, carrots, imitation crab, and a type of sauce that she wasn't even sure if she remembered what it consisted of.

However, when Natalie grabbed the carrot, it was a bit deformed making her laugh and her laughter only triggered MG's. The two were now hugging themselves as they laughed so hard that their stomach was hurting, and they couldn't bring themselves to stop.