Her Solace

Hey I know I went invisible for quite a long period of time but I couldn't help it really my dear readers !! As an compensation let me give you all a pretty long long update . Hope you all like it .. and i will be trying my best to update weekly in future . Next i will update Never Stopped Loving You . Pray for me to be able to retrieve all my drafts so that i could post frequently !!!

Ved Narayan 's PoV

It's been almost twelve years since I am serving Goel family as their driver . I knew and understood the predicament of the family in the last few days that went by . I understood the depth of feelings of both Nandini and Maan . One who was like a chirping bird had developed adandonment issues and one who was born with a frowning face and was stubborn suddenly started doubting his own decisions and turned skeptical because of his sister's predicaments . Yes, due to secure nature of the job with no worries on my shoulders i had been spending my free time reading psychology books to understand what goes on in the deep and wretched hearts of human beings . Infact getting it out was equal to fishing out a one rupee coin from the ocean bed .My wife Shrimali and kids , twenty year old twins Pragyan and Pragya , all three will join forces and mock me for studying in old age . My Shri going as far as saying

" Chadhi Jawani budhe nuu( old man is trying to do what youngsters do )."

To it i would calmly reply and try to make them understand that a person is never too old to study for their own good .

To talk about the situation at hand Nandini , much earlier then when it's time for her to leave for school knocked on his door ( yes, he lives with two more families in the outhouse or should we say annexe or should we say servant quarters although the family doesn't considers their staff as servants ) .

While i was yet asleep due to the fact that i knew Nandini Bitiya ( Daughter ) won't be attending school for atleast one more week as was told to me by bahurani ( daughter in law ) yesterday i was startled when Shri jolted me awake and told me Nandini is here. I was shocked is the under term to what i felt . Yesterday only she was discharged from hospital and today she wants to attend school ??

As i came to the living area if our apartment Nandini was talking to Pragyan and when i catched there attention both had different emotions in their eyes . Pragyan bearing helplessness and Nandini looking prim and proper like always in her uniform . She came to me and rather asked me To drop her to school . And when i told her its yet one hour and 45 minutes to school timings after checking the time in clock hanging on the wall and her school is only 15 minutes drive she said she wants to go to temple and meet Pujari ji first . As i was still in my pyjamas , Pragyan offered to take Nandini today and i reluctantly , when was giving him the keys he said , he wont and said he will take Nandini in his car .

Yes , sir gifted Pragyan an Maruti 800 when he topped his twelfth class boards not only in his school infact he is state topper and number two in whole India . We never wanted to accept it , to which sir said the way i treat Nandini and Maan as my own kids sir too had rights over Pragyan and pragya . Even being twins my both kids were miles apart on intelluctual level . One topped in science stream whereas one only get through with distinction in commerce stream .

So , off they went towards temple first and then to drop her to school but not before Shri asked Nandini had she had her breakfast as she understood Nandini must have not told anyone that she is going to school otherwise mam would have brought her to the patio and kissed her goodbye . So Shri quickly gave her a glass of milk along with some cookies as nothing else was ready as breakfast and quickly made paneer parantha for Nandini to have at lunch time in school . Nandini looked towards Shri for what seemed like ages and then accepted both . But what shocked me to the core was how tightly Nandini hugged Shri , earlier too they used to share hugs and kisses too but today it was different . Nandini had a different type of longing and yearning in her eyes . She had become vulnerable and i could only hope that none takes advantage of her weak mental state .