Mending her heart

Author's Note

Well i understand its been more than two months since i updated but dear readers i am in a fix , ingrossed in a very tough case where my one mistake can lead to life time imprisionment of an innocent . My heart screams his innocence and evidence screams of his crime . Although a Pro Bono case i still want to give my best hence sorry for not updating . Kindly spare some moments to pray to God for justice to prevail and May truth get its right place . Ameen ..

......

Author's POV..

A innocent soul lying on hospital bed wanting nothing more than just her brother's company . Was is that big a crime for a child to dream about that she is lying in hospital since more then 48 hours ?

After gaining conscious she looked around for her brother but didn't found him as on her first whimper , he had ran off to call for the doctor to check up on her . She lost her consciousness as soon as she got it and since then although there wasn't any trace of her health being deteriorated still she wasn't opening her eyes or giving any trace of life except for a few murmers earlier in her subconscious .

Third Day of her being unconscious

Now, its been more than 24 hrs Nandini stopped responding to treatments and now all were worried . Doctors conducted multiple tests and her body which was earlier attached to only an IV drip candula with all the relevant medicines being administered through it, is now attached to various other medical machines like heart monitor and ECG machine continuously printing her reports .

Tests indicated nothing . Neither the fever had got to her brain nor was there any apparent reason for her to not wake up . Her organs were on verge of collapsing . No sign whatsoever of her improvement whereas earlier she was not critical .

The worried family never left her side along with the family friend Mr. Rehmaan . He had just now urged the family of Nandini to eat something .

" Krishna please eat something . You should support bhabhijaan and kids but here you are breaking up yourself . Its not done ."

Then he turned and looked towards Maan while calling him...

" Maan bache if you wont eat how will ease Nandini's pains when she wakes up ."

Upon hearing his uncle's words Maan didn't once raised his head up but he was gazing at the floor continuously and mumbled in a broken voice...

" Uske dard ki wajah mein hoon . Usne kaha Thakurji se ki usey itna bimaar karde ki mein yahan se naa jaa payun . Uncle mujhe pata hai ki mein usey time nahin de pata bilkul bhi . Meine yeah khud chuna hai apni family ke liye Mein chahta hoon ki meri Gudiya ek aise desh mein rahe jahan usey har sukh suvidha mile humare cousins ki tarah . Kya mein galat hoon ?( I am the reason for her pain . She prayed to god to make her so sick that i couldn't leave her . Uncle i know i am not giving her as much time as she deserves. But i choosed it myself for my family . I wanted to relocate to a developed country where she could have everything like our cousins . Am i wrong ?)"

Maan spoke amidst crying to which Mr . Rehmaan cradles him to his heart and consoles him . No matter how grown up a person is , an elder' s hug is always soothing and reassuring .

" No dear you are not wrong . Please eat something . When Nandini wakes up you have to give her piggy back rides .Right? Because till the time you would come back she will be in her late teens hence not asking you anymore for piggy back rides . See your aunty knows that you all don't eat onion garlic too so she could only make Dal Chawal . Stupid woman ."

Mr . Firdaus rehmaan tried to change heavy and serious environment with his bantering but he didn't saw his wife Rukhsana standing behind him glaring and all three in the ward could see the rage on her face . They chuckled on Mr .Rehmaan's face . He was grinning while Rukhsana was fuming in anger but it's all was a facade , just a moment of the couple to chear up this family whose daughter was in some kind of depression beacuse of the fear of her brother's leaving her once again and this time forever . And hence she too joined with her husband...