Hope

Author's Note

I would really appreciate it if my silent readers could vote and comment on the chapters i will publish in future and on the chapters i published in past .

Author's POV

Three bodies whose souls were sucked out of their bodies were walking towards the Radha Krishna temple in their neighbourhood with steps as heavy as if whole world's burden was on their feet . All three were praying with their dedicated hearts for the safety of Nandini . While the anticipation of the unknown had kept them glued to the helplessness of their hearts .

True embodiment of love for humanity , a hindu girls safety was prayed for by very earnestly by a highly believing muslim family . And the working head of the family was even accompanying distraught mother son duo to the temple to keep them all safe .

* Time and again i would like to emphasise in my book that no religion is above humanity . And relationships of hearts are sometimes stronger then by blood . Blood is thicker then water but we forget that the liquid component of blood is formed by water only . We should not be intolerant . Like all are not same . Both religions have extremists in them hence rooting hatred amongst hearts and minds of their followers .*

As they ascended the steps of the temple with distraught clearly on their faces and Mr. Rehmaan's hawk eyes scanning the vicinity for any possible looming dangers on the already grieving mother and brother . His friend already possibly lost his beloved daughter .He wont be able to take it if anything happens to his wife and son too .

Mr. Rehmaan could feel the huge burden on his shoulders . He couldn't even phantom what would his best friend be going through . He wasn't a father to a daughter as he and his wife only had three sons . Today he realised the constricted feeling he was having in his heart was not only due to his friend's daughter missing but it was a part of him gone missing . He could visualise the happiness he had felt while holding a few hours old Nandini in his arms and how much longing he had to hold a daughter of his own , raise her to be loving and righteous being the way Nandini was . Allah why he used 'was' for Nandini . 'Please' Please him with all his dedication to his Allah to keep her safe .

What's the use of all his power over the state police if he couldn't guarantee the safety of one person he unknowingly held dear to his heart .

Amidst all the emotions in the hearts of all three they reached upto the temple sanctorium neglecting all the murmurs happening around them .

The priest took the offerings offered by Virja and Maan and offered them to the diety . Both were praying with tears in their eyes for the safety of their heart Nandini . In the meanwhile a lady approached priest who they recognised as his wife immediately and she said to him something in his ears . Priest immediately gives the platter of offerings to another priest of the temple and runs off towards the corner of the temple where a small accommodation for the priest was constructed .

Curious as to what might have happened this early in morning Virja and Maan decide to follow them to offer help as they wanted all possible prayers for Nandini .

What they saw was unexpected . There on the small cot lay their precious doll . Curled up , shivering although its not winter and an elderly woman putting cold compress on her head and a small boy rubbing her hands continuously ..
" Nandini"
" Gudiya"
"Bacha"

All three voices resonated across the room filling up the small room and the wails her family were having were more astounding in the serene silent atmosphere the place had . They looked upto the temple priest as if having millions of questions in their eyes . Which the learned man understood and gestured for Mr. Rehmaan and Maan to come to another attached room .

He recounted to them about how in the wee hours of dawn when he opened the temple sanctorium for waking up Lord Krishna and Radha Rani at the foot of idol lay this girl curled up , shivering and with a tear stricken face . He didn't knew who she was and mistook her to an orphan god sent for him to look after hence brought her to his home . Knowing about how much cruelty the evil world outside of homes is , he thought about not informing the police .

While saying about cruelty of outside world and not informing to police the priest's eyes rested upon the uniform clad human standing in front of him and still not wavering in his stance he stayed put on his stance .

But Mr. Rehmaan ashamed of General people perception of his department sweared then only that he would do all in his power to improve it . And decided to thank the man for taking in the girl he adored like his own daughter . Like a true muslim he went on his knees in front of the priest and proceeded to take his hand in his before kissing his knuckles as a token of respect but hesitated due to difference of religions but priest had him shocked as he himself made him stand up and said humanity is above any religion and i don't want you to kneel . Mr. Rehmaan was teary eyed and said

" Bahut aziz hai humein woh bachi . Kal raat se gayab thi . Pata nahi kaise bure bure khayal aa rahe the humare tasavur mein . ShukarAllah woh khairiyat se hai . Aur dusre aapka bhi shukriya ki aapne usey apni panaah mein liya ( i love that child a lot . She was list since last night . I can even tell you about the bad thoughts that were coming to our mind . Thank god she is fine . And thank to you too for taking her in your shelter )."

Priest smiled and said
"Mein kisi ko sharan dene wala hota kaun hoon . Saare jag to sharan dene wale ki sharan mein aayi thi bitiya . Theek to hona hi tha ussey . Saare jag ke palanhaar ke pehlu mein aakar kisi ka bura ho hi nahi sakta ( who am i to give shelter to anyone . Daughter came in shelter of the one who gives shelter to whole world . She was supposed to be fine . After all she came in shelter of hod and who could have harmed her in front of his eyes ).

"Alhamdullilaah !!!" Mr. Rehmaan exclaimed .

Till now Maan was perplexed upon why would his sister leave home and come to temple n sleep through night in shelter of god . And as if coming out through his trance he suddenly started crying loudly which startled the two .

They both assured him that his sister is safe now to which he kept on uttering incoherent words which made no sense at all .

" Bbbaba ... aaapki bahuttt krrripa hhhumpe .... huuummaarri tooo jaaannn hhhhi nnnnikkal gayyyi thhhhi ..... hhhummein laggga kho diiiya.. bbbahut bbbahut dddhanyawaad aapka ..."

Maan was sluggerish and deranged and highly emotional .. Mr.Rehmaan took his leave from the priest respectfully and took an unconscious Nandini in his arms as if cradling his most precious gem and assuring his heart that she is fine while her mother and brother were in such a big shock that even a single word wasn't coming out of their mouths . She was wrapped up in Mr. Rehmaan's uniform coat alongside the sheet from the priest's home whose elderly mother blessed the child with all the happiness in the world and shelter of god .

None knew that happiness is not written in her fate . She had the most cruel fate written by god for no apparent fault of hers . Maybe it was her karma from previous births . But will her perpetrators be able to avoid their karma and keep on living happily ?? No one and i mean it no one can escape the clutches of karma and it always catches us uninformed and when we are most oblivious of it following us !! So dear readers always try to tread the most truthfull path and never do anything for which your heart doesn't agrees . It would be tough at first but later on life would be bed of roses and when we pass the test of god we will be rewarded too !!

Till next update keep voting commenting and sharing and stay safe !!