Chapter 42 - The Secret to Winning

Everyone was up bright and early the next morning, much to Zhihao's chagrin.

Getting up at 4 yesterday was a different thing, because she didn't want to be late to the camp, but having to get up at 5 today for no good reason?

Xing Zi leaned against Zhihao's doorway with her arms and legs crossed, amusedly watching as Zhihao slammed her face back down on her bed.

"The boys are already up and training, we might as well be up too and start making lunch," Xing Zi continued.

Zhihao pressed her face harder into her mattress. Of course they are. For a moment, she had forgotten that it wasn't a vacation for everyone else.

With a deep sigh, Zhihao picked herself off her bed, standing up. Her nose was starting to hurt anyway.

The tip of her nose must've been red or something that made it stand out, because Xing Zi giggled when she saw Zhihao's face.

"Nice nose," Xing Zi hid a wide grin behind  fisted hand, attempting to stifle her laughs.

Zhihao sighed again. "Let's just go."

~~~

While Zhihao was having a hard time being up so early in the morning, the rest of Yu Qing were hard at working training their butts off.

Across from the court where Qiao Chen was annoying Baiyang with loud groans as they did sit ups together, Jiale was lightly leaning his weight on one foot.

He had just scratched up his knee by accident while he was training.

"What's next?" Jiale asked A-Mu, who was supervising him for the day, pointedly ignoring the drop of blood that was slowly trickling down his leg.

Distracted, A-Mu tore his gaze from Jiale's bloody knee. "Uh shouldn't you be getting that fixed first?" The kid nervously pointed a finger at Jiale's injury. "It looks serious."

"No worries, I'm fine!" Jiale painted a bright smile on his face. He hated waking up early just as much as the next person, but he had to if he was going to improve himself.

Unfortunately, Dachi, who just happened to pass by, overheard the conversation between Jiale and A-Mu.

Concerned, Dachi scanned Jiale for any signs of injury and widened his eyes when he spotted Jiale's bloody knee. He rushed over to Jiale's side.

Avoiding Dachi's worried face, Jiale turned his head to look at Qiao Chen, who was still grunting very loudly every time he did a sit up. It seemed that Qiao Chen had annoyed Baiyang so much that the guy finally left, judging by the way Qiao Chen was alone.

Jiale watched with exaggerated interest as A-Yan muttered something into Qiao Chen's ear, making Qiao Chen pause.

Actually, Jiale was kind of interested to know what A-Yan had said to Qiao Chen now. Somehow, his words miraculously managed to make Qiao Chen lower the volume of his grunts.

Huh. Should I go over there and ask? Or would it be weird to say "Oh I've been watching you and want to know what A-Yan said to you!" Jiale tilted his head, pondering.

"Jiale, you shouldn't be working so hard!" Dachi's voice suddenly cut off Jiale's train of thought.

Oops. Jiale had forgotten about Dachi and his bloody knee.