Chapter 19 - Guan Yue

Soon enough, it was time for Yu Qing's match against Guo Zi.

Wearing her school uniform, Zhihao, along with Suyin by her side, was armed with blue and purple balloons, ready to show her support for her school.

The two had even put their hair into ponytails, each tying it up with a blue or purple themed ribbon (Zhihao had called dibs on purple).

As the match began to officially start, an announcement was made that the two doubles matches would be played at the same time, at two different courts, apparently due to timing issues.

Zhihao of course ended up choosing to watch her brother and Dachi's match, so Suyin left Zhihao's side to watch Baiyang and Qiao Chen.

Unfortunately though, Zhihao could only sit and watch helplessly as her brother was relentlessly (and infuriatingly, in Zhihao's opinion) targeted by their opponents for his lack of stamina and extraordinary eyesight.

This is probably the work of Guan Yue, Zhihao scoffed. It reeks of him all over. Ever since Zhuo Zhi had told her about the lengths the man would go to in order to ensure victory, Zhihao had decided that she highly disliked the Guan Yue. The targeting of her brother only heightened her dislike for the man.

While the Golden Pair did make an extremely impressive comeback at the end, thanks to their exceptional teamwork, the two ultimately lost.

The defeat was bitter, but it was expected. After all, Guo Zi had preyed on Jiale's weaknesses the whole match through.

While Zhihao couldn't directly go to her brother's side and comfort him due to some of his fangirls in the bleachers, Zhihao did have Xinglong pass over to Jiale and Dachi some vitamin water bottles.

Zhihao gave Jiale the best smile she could muster when he turned around for a brief moment, in attempt to make him feel better.

Soon after, Baiyang and Qiao Chen's victory was announced, and Suyin quickly came back to Zhihao's side to tell her all about how Qiao Chen had accidentally knocked out an opponent, giving Yu Qing a win on default.

Oops.

The next match, Lu Xia vs Zhuo Yu, was a tough one as well, and a hard one for Zhuo Zhi to watch. Zhuo Yu had insisted on injuring himself with a special move to get the upper hand against Lu Xia, much to the dismay of Zhuo Zhi. Fortunately though, Lu Xia, the little genius that he is, managed to find a way around it.

During one of the breaks between the sets, Zhihao overheard as Guan Yue told Zhuo Yu to target Lu Xia's left side because of a previous injury the kid had gained from before (Zhihao wasn't there to watch the match but heard about the details from Jiale afterward). Thankfully, in an excellent show of sportsmanship, Zhuo Yu refused to stoop that low, proving that he was a better person than Guan Yue. In the end, Zhuo Yu lost to Lu Xia.

If this was a drama, Lu Xia would definitely be the main character.

Finally, it was Zhuo Zhi's turn to face Guan Yue, the most highly anticipated match for Zhihao. It was about time that someone put Guan Yue down in his place.

Zhihao held her breath as Zhuo Zhi walked out onto the court, not a single a hint of emotion on his blank face.

Although it was customary for the two opposing players to shake hands, Zhuo Zhi didn't even bother, instead coldly staring down at the man.

He exchanged some words as he ignored Guan Yue's hand, and although she couldn't make them out from where she was sitting, it was clear to Zhihao that Zhuo Zhi was not happy. Of course he wasn't.

Zhuo Zhi's scary side never failed to make Zhihao shudder, but somehow Guan Yue was entirely unaffected. You absolute psychopath, she glared at the man.