Chapter 9 - Sadistic Bastard

Zhihao was overjoyed when Suyin finally came back to school, fully recovered and healthy. Although she of course didn't outwardly show her relief, Suyin already knew.

It was currently lunch time, and Suyin was scrolling through her Instagram feed, which was full of actors, showing Zhihao which men she liked the most.

Excitedly, Suyin tapped on one post in particular and shoved her phone into Zhihao's face. "Oh my god look how hot Cha Eunwoo is!" Suyin sighed dreamily at the man.

"I am never straying from the Suho ship," Suyin then declared, referring to the main male lead from the live action show of True Beauty, a webtoon. "He's such a thoughtful gentleman, with just a little mystery to his character."

Zhihao shook her head, disagreeing. "Nah, Seojun is better. He's even more thoughtful and funny, while also protective over his friends and family."

Suyin looked at her friend in disbelief. "But Seojun is so complicated and acts like a tough guy all the time while Suho is so polite!"

Zhihao contemplated Suyin's argument. "Well not really. Seojun is really sweet, he just shows his soft side to the people he actually cares about, not bothering with others."

Suyin just huffed. "I disagree, but I'll let you win this one just because I don't want to argue on my first day back."

Zhihao smirked at her friend. "Suho is hot though, I gotta admit."

Suyin snorted. "That we can agree on," Suyin said, accepting Zhihao's peace offering. She continued to scroll through her posts full of men.

Spotting a particularly handsome face, Zhihao stopped Suyin's hand before pointing at the screen. "That man. That man I like."

Suyin peered at the man's face. "Zhang Yijie? He kind of looks like Zhuo Zhi a bit, don't you think?"

Zhihao squinted her eyes at the picture. "I don't see it," she said, scrunching her face.

Suyin shrugged. "I don't know, might just be me. I can't deny that he's hot though."

Zhihao laughed in agreement, and then a wave of morality suddenly hit her. "Alright Suyin, stop looking at men, they're not eye candy, they're real people too."

Suyin teasingly rolled her eyes but obliged, setting her phone down. "Well I can't look at hot men, but you can't stop me from talking about them..."

~~~

Zhihao visited the tennis team after school again, seeing that there was nothing to do.

That turned out to be a grave mistake for her.

Zhihao had been doomscrolling through her Instagram feed (which was full of Marvel memes and cat pictures, unlike Suyin's), when Siyang fatefully announced that it was break time.

Zhuo Zhi wasted no time in acquiring a Yan-Juice from Zhiming, intent on having Zhihao drink one today. He refused to let the girl get away from him for a third time.

Zhuo Zhi promptly plopped himself next to Zhihao at her table, uninvited.

Zhihao looked up, not missing the sickly green glass of juice that had come with Zhuo Zhi's arrival.

Tearing her eyes from the glass with a lot more effort than she'd like to admit, Zhihao asked cheekily, "What, no courtesies this time?

Zhuo Zhi tilted his head in acknowledgment, appeasing the woman. "You look thirsty. Drink."

Well that was a bit too direct for Zhihao's taste. Zhihao had expected some teasing games from Zhou Zhi but no, he went straight for the kill.

Zhihao swallowed hard. "Mm, I don't think so," she replied with false confidence. Her voice, although barely noticeable, quavered, Zhuo Zhi noted with a suppressed smile.