Chapter 6 - Yan Juice

Now that the tennis team actually knew about her as a Tang, Zhihao allowed herself to watch the team practice, visiting the courts here and there.

While she didn't watch the team practice very often, when she did, she made sure to fulfill her duty as Jiale's older sister to humiliate him as much as possible.

Today was one of those days where Zhihao had stayed behind after school to watch the tennis team, taking great pleasure in watching her brother suffer on the tennis court.

As the moment, Zhihao was mentally kicking her feet at the pathetic sight in front of her. The majority of the team was scattered along the floor, their bodies for the most part motionless. The only indication of life from them was the occasional, erratic spasming of their limbs.

Jiale in particular was laying on his side, curled into a tight ball. These team members on the ground had all fallen to A-Yan's Yan-Juice, as a part of their training.

It seems that I've picked a wonderful time to visit tennis practice, Zhihao beamed.

Zhuo Zhi noticed the happy look on Zhihao's face and snickered himself. Now, this won't do.

He then subtly nudged Jiale toward Zhihao, successfully diverting his attention onto his sister's overjoyed expression.

Jiale immediately made a face at his sister, of course she was enjoying herself. He called out to her, "Don't look so happy, Zhihao. How about you try a juice, I think I recall you saying you wanted to just recently." The grin on Zhihao's face dropped just slightly at Jiale's words.

"Uh, well I mean.." Zhihao wasn't sure what to think. While sure, she was curious to try out a Yan-Juice, her instincts, along with the several motionless bodies on the ground, screamed no.

While Zhihao was busy struggling to come up with an excuse to refuse Jiale's offer, Zhuo Zhi had already walked up to Zhihao with his own Yan-Juice in hand.

Seeing how Jiale himself wouldn't be able to move from the ground anytime soon, Zhuo Zhi had taken it upon himself to hand-deliver the juice to Zhihao.

With Zhihao's clearly conflicted feelings in mind, Zhuo Zhi tried a different approach to Zhihao from Jiale.

"Here," he said, setting the green juice down on the table, before taking the seat across from her. "The juice really isn't as bad as Jiale says. He's really just being dramatic, I'm sure you know how he is.."

Jiale was about to defend himself when he cut himself off, catching the slight curl of Zhuo Zhi's lips. Jiale shuddered. The guy was attempting to manipulate his sister into drinking the juice.. Scary bastard.

Zhuo Zhi continued. "The juice is not too sweet, a little tangy, and the bitterness actually balances the flavors out very well. It's not even as bitter as the others say. Try it, see if you like it."

Zhihao eyed the man suspiciously. While her gut urgently told her not to drink the disgustingly green liquid, it also told her that Zhuo Zhi wasn't lying.

Zhihao slowly lifted the glass, not missing how Zhuo Zhi's glinting eyes seemed to watch her hand like a hawk, and then paused, catching the subtle head shake from the captain. She set the drink back down, causing Zhuo Zhi to exhale slightly, and then pushed it back to him. "I think I'm okay with not trying it, thank you Zhuo Zhi."

A-Yan frowned imperceptibly. He had poised his hand above his notebook, ready to jot down Zhihao's reaction to his juice.

Zhuo Zhi gently smiled before nudging the glass back toward the girl. "Are you sure? I don't want you to miss out on such a delicious drink."

Music to my ears - Zhuo Zhiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें