Cat. (Noncanon)

"Karupin! Karupin where are you?"

Lu Xia's eyes roamed around as he called out his cat's name.

It was getting late and Karupin still wasn't home yet. Which was a huge problem. Although the weather was finally getting warmer, the nights were still pretty chilly, and Lu Xia doubted that Karupin had enough common sense to find some place warm to stay.

The darn cat just had to run out the door when his old man held the door open for too long.

Lu Xia cursed his dad out under his breath.

Once he got his hands on the dang cat, he was going to give his dad a piece of his mind.

But first.. One problem at a time.

Lu Xia shook himself to clear his thoughts and called out again.

"Karupin! Pspspsps!"

~~~

Meanwhile, Zhihao and Zhuo Zhi were walking home from a long but fun day at the mall.

As the two drew closer and closer to Zhihao's home, their conversation dwindled down.

Neither one wanted the other to leave just yet; they were enjoying each other's company too much.

"Sooo..." Zhihao trailed off as they stood at her front porch, both not quite making eye contact with each other.

"Mhm."

"I guess this is me," Zhihao offered Zhuo Zhi a reluctant smile.

"Mhm," Zhuo Zhi unhelpfully repeated himself. He bit his tongue.

Zhihao sighed. "Well, I guess I should go now, it's going to be pretty dark soon."

Zhuo Zhi caught himself before he could respond with another mhm. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Zhihao nodded. "Yep!" She responded, popping the p.

"Okay."

"Okay."

Zhuo Zhi glanced around him for anything else he could say to Zhihao to make her stay for a bit longer when he noticed a small movement behind a neighbor's house's bush.

"Wait hold on," he held out an arm to Zhihao, pointing at the bush with the other. "Did you just see that?"

"See what?" Zhihao asked, confused.

Zhuo Zhi stared intently at the bush, half-convinced that maybe he was just being delusional, when it rustled again.

Except this time it was a much larger movement than before.

"Wait, what? What do you see?" Zhihao asked, craning her neck in the general direction that Zhuo Zhi seemed to be looking at it.

Zhuo Zhi quickly made a hushing gesture at her, before crouching just slightly. Slowly, he made a few carefully measured steps toward the neighbor's house. Zhihao followed close behind, copying his movements.