I hung up and went back to the kitchen to ask Zelle. “Ano daw ‘yon?” she asked, before I could.

“Something about a package.”

She stood up and beamed at me. “Right, nakalimutan ko. Kaninang paggising ko, nakita ko ‘yung limang paper bag sa tapat ng unit naten." 

She went to the living room then back to the kitchen holding five paper bags. What are these things? I asked myself as I narrowed my eyes. 

"Hindi ko 'yan pinakialaman," she assured, much to my suspicion. 

I twitched my lips and checked what was inside those bags. The first bag I opened contained a black leather shoes. The other four bags contained our school uniform. Zelle shrugged. I examined the skirt closely. It was just enough to cover my butt. Abhorred, I shuddered and threw the school uniform, the skirt, in particular, back inside the paper bags.

No way I’m gonna wear those.

I went on to finish my breakfast, brushed my tooth, got my stuffs, said goodbye to Zelle (who wasn’t attending classes because of her unfinished arrangements) and locked my room. Well, in case Zelle tried to do something stupid, which I don’t really doubt. I exited our unit and got back to retrieve the paper bags.

I dragged my feet lazily towards the elevator. I’m on 3rd floor. It will not be nice if I get tired before the school starts right? I pushed G, for ground floor. I exited the elevator and saw only a few people. I keep on yawning as I exit the building.

I did my little stretch thing. First step, raise your right arm second, raise your left arm and third, jump. It used to wake me up. But now, it doesn’t work. Awww. That’s so sad.

I stopped on the front desk and gave the receptionist a smile. “Hi, good morning, Ma’am. May I help you?” she asked buoyantly.

“Oh yeah. Who… who sent these?” I asked, while settling the five paper bags on the desk.

Her smile grew wider. “Ah, Ma’am. Si Prince—I mean, si Sir Blake Perez po ang nagpadala niyan. Kaninang maaga lang po.”

I nodded. “Did he personally bring these here?”

She looked up, trying to remember, I guess. And to my surprise, she nodded. “Yes, Ma’am.” 

“Ok, thanks.” I looked down to my Cons and thought. Am I gonna look disrespectful and snobbish if I bring these stupid school uniform back to Perez? I breathed in and took all the paper bags. I smiled at the lady in front of me and thanked her. “I’m leaving these here for now, okay? I’ll take it back later. Thanks.” I smiled, she nodded.

Off I went.

I walked slowly to the direction of my school not minding if I’m gonna be late because of my turtle-like walking. Something at the back of my mind kept pushing itself to me. Something that kind of bothered me the moment I got home last night. Right… I remember. 

It was that night of Kirsty's birthday party.

Last night. 

When out of the blue Blake told me the three words that ripped my soul apart (ok maybe I was exaggerated, but hey!) because of the beating of my heart. He told me... 

"I love you..."

Yep, I cannot even think, let alone speak. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. Cue the most shocked face here.  

He paused for a little while. I sat beside him on the grass, not minding the coldness that my butt felt. I crouched down a little to look at his eyes. They were teary. And I, looking puzzled, can't help but groan at the monster's joke. I was about to say ‘shut up’, when he screamed.