Chapter 23. Should We?

Ruby's POV

"Kids get down here!" Dad yelled from downstairs. I got up from my bed where I was texting my boyfriend. Yes, my boyfriend. After the unfortunate party incident, Dax drove me home and casually mentioned how he was going to ask me to be official with him but his plans got derailed by his bloody knuckles and my sister's almost assault. 

And well what do you say when someone tells you, 'Oh yeah I was gonna ask you to be my girlfriend tonight'?  Simple you start up an equally awkward conversation about how you would have yes. One thing led to another and we ended up becoming an official couple on the drive home. 

Anyways back to the present. I walk downstairs to find only Riley is missing from the family. I sit down on the couch next to Levi. He and Milo graduated last year a bit before our party but they decided to go a college a few minutes away and stay home while they studied. 

Riley came down a few seconds after I sat down and looked at Dad waiting for him to talk. Ever since the party she had been quiet. 

"Well due to recent events, I decided we all needed a vacation. As a family, we will be going on a ski trip to Russia. For safety, none of you are allowed to speak about where we are going." He spoke taking a second to look each of us in the eye as he did. We all nodded. "Before any of you ask yes you are allowed to bring someone, but only one person per person, and they must know about the mafia due to the extra security measures we have to do. I have no patience for coming up with excuses on this trip." We all nodded again and we were dismissed. 

I walked back upstairs and was quick to text Dax to tell him that I was going out of town for a few days in a few days and I wouldn't be able to text him as frequently. I would love to bring him but it's too soon to tell him about the mafia. Surely telling him now would only result in him thinking I'm crazy and running off or possibly telling someone. I can't have another failed relationship that puts us at risk my family would never let me out of the house. 

After a few minutes of me and Dax texting my sisters came into my room, without knocking mind you. 

"Hey guys," I said. "So you two bring Zane and Ashton with us?" I ask Riley and Rory. 

"Yeah." They both said nodding. Everyone was sitting down until Riley got up and left. We all watch as the door shuts behind her in silence. Our worry hung heavy in the air. 

"Anyone else worried?" Rory asked me and Ryan both nodded not taking our eyes off the door. 

"She's barely spoken since," Ryan said. 

"She talks to Ashton." Rory points out. 

"That's all she talks to." I shake my head a little at her. 

"Well, she needs time to process. What she went through was very traumatic. Any one of us would be acting the same way." Ryan rationalized. 

"Should we say something?" Rory asks. 

"No, she'll talk to us on her own time. We have to let her work things out. If we push her we can push her too far and make things a lot worse." Ryan spoke. We all nodded stuck in our thoughts.