Chapter 16. The Cafe

Ryan's POV

It's been a week since Tristan kissed me. So far everything has been normal but Tristan has been a bit more touchy and affectionate. He holds my hand under the lunch table, walks me to every class, and walks me to the car after school. 

I told my sisters about the kiss and they all approved of him. Today Rory arranged for me, her, and Riley to all go on a triple date. We were not given a chance to refuse to attend so here we all are getting ready to meet the guys at the lunch place. 

Rory also went through the trouble of picking out our outfits. She picked out a cute white sundress with blue flowers. After some convincing she allowed me to wear my black converses with it. I did my hair in a basic half up half down style with just mascara and lip gloss on. 

Done I walk out of my room with my phone and wait in the living room for the two others to get done. When Rory first came up with this idea we were skeptical but she made it clear we were to attend. I brought up how Ruby might feel left out but when we went to tell her about and offer her an invite she told us she already had plans with her friends. 

I was on my phone for about 20 minutes before Rory dragged Riley down the stairs. 

"Let's go all the guys are waiting for us," Rory exclaims and takes off for the car. Since the party, Dad has been teaching us to drive and although none of us have a license Dad trusts us enough to drive his safer cars. Besides the legal formality, Dad said that the police in town knew our family cars so they would just ignore us like normal. 

We get in the car and Riley drives us to the small cafe Rory chose for us. She claimed that it had good food and amazing desserts. 

Riley parks the car a few stores away from the cafe. We all walked in and I looked around for the boys. Over on the wall, there was a large table that was able to sit eight people. Tristan was on the edge with the seat on the right of him. 

Zane was on the other end staring at his phone. Ashton was sitting across from Tristan talking to him. We all walk over grabbing their attention. 

Tristan stands up and comes towards me. 

"You look amazing." He whispers in my ear. 

"Thank you." We sit down with him helping to push in my chair. 

Rory makes Zane move closer sitting right by Ashton. Riley is across from me. 

"What do you want to drink?" Tristan asks me. 

"Could you get me an iced matcha with a chocolate croissant?" I ask popping my phone case open to grab the credit card Dad gave me. 

"Don't worry I got it." He says not taking the card. 

"Are you sure?" I ask looking up at him.

"Of course." He smiles and walks away from me towards the counter. As Tristan walks away a waitress comes over with a tray and sets down two drinks and a sandwich in front of Zane. 

Zane nods at her and passes over a cup that has a pile of whipped cream on it towards Rory. 

"What'd you get me?" She asks looking at the drink with an adorable smile covering her face. 

"Hot chocolate." He says. 

"Thank you." She presses a quick kiss on his cheek. 

"How have you been Ashton?" Rory asks after taking a lick of whipped cream. 

"Good, my Dad's been in Russia for a business trip. Andrei went with him." He tells us. We all understood what she meant but he wasn't sure who was listening. 

"Nice," Rory says. 

Tristan came back over with my drink and pastry he set it down in front of me. 

I smiled at him and took a small sip. 

"Tristan," Rory spoke up drawing his attention. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Kinda." He says cryptically. 

"Huh," Rory says I think it was an accident though.

"Well, my parents divorced when I was little and my dad remarried. My stepmom had three kids when they married. So I consider them my siblings but I'm a lot younger than them so we never had an actual sibling bond." He explains. 

"We should all go to the carnival together," Rory suggests moving past Tristan's kinda depressing story. 

"Is the carnival even in town?" Riley asks drinking some of her black coffee. Ashton had it ordered and ready for her when we sat down. They drink the same thing. 

"No, but when it is we should go," Rory says happily taking a drink and wiggling in her chair. 

I see Zane smile at her but he quickly hides it. 

"Princess, how bout we plan things when they come up?" Zane suggests. 

"Fine but we will be doing something fun all of us together in the near future." She points at him. 

"Whatever you say, Princess." He nods mindlessly. 

We all chuckle a little seeing their exchange.