Chapter 18. The Call

Ruby's POV

The girls continue to question me about my brief interaction with Dax. 

"Are you going to go out with him?" Alice asks me. 

"He hasn't asked me anything yet," I tell her looking at the rack of clothing.

"Well, when he does what will you say?" She presses on. 

"I would say yes. But once again nothing has even happened I haven't even texted him yet." I remind her while I move to another rack. 

"Well, you should text him. Right now." She nods her head punctuating her point. 

I shake my head and walk away from her. I look around the store before hiding away in the corner of the store. I open my phone and go to my contacts to see 'Dax the hottest guy ever' is now in my phone. 

I smile and go to text him so that at least he has my number. 

Before I can click the button I get a phone call. It's a number I don't know but I like to mess with telemarketers so I answer. 

"Hello," I say happily into the phone. 

"You may have gotten away but you only get so many chances." A robotic voice speaks sounding emotionless. I look around seeing the three bodyguards standing near me. 

"Who are you?" I ask still looking around. 

"The next time I get a hold of you and your sisters will be the last time you ever see your family. You four will die a painful death in agony. And then I will have my revenge." The line goes dead. 

I take a few seconds to breathe and collect myself before I have a breakdown in the middle of this department store. 

I go and find one of my friends, I come across Maeve first. 

"Hey Maeve I'm sorry but my dad just called and I need to get home," I tell her. 

"Oh, man. That sucks we'll have to get together again. I'll tell the girls where you went."

"Thank you so much." I smile as real as I can. 

I walk away from her and go towards the closest bodyguard. 

"We need to go home now," I tell him seriously. He speaks into a hidden microphone and soon the others surround me and we make our way out of the mall.