Forty Six. always running for the thrill of it

Mulai dari awal

When Logan heard the doorbell ring, the last person he expected on the other side of the door was John B Routledge. "John?" He spoke like he couldn't believe it. He was not longer in an orange jumpsuit with cuffs around his wrists. He was in his normal clothes.

"They let me out, Mr. J." John B spoke breathlessly.

"By God," Logan let out and immediately embraced him into a tight hug. "Thank you God."

"I was so scared, Mr. Jennings." The boy said into his shoulder. "I-I got attacked in there. Someone tried to kill me."

"Who? Tell me I'll make sure his ass is in the ground."

John B just laughed. "It doesn't matter anymore. I'm free."

Logan tightened his grip around him. Patting his back, he pulled away and sat his hands on his face. "We're gonna get through this, yeah? I'll be right by your side. I'll do everything to put these sons of bitches away for life."

John B's eyes watered and he swallowed tightly. "Thank you for everything, Mr. L. I couldn't have done it without you."

Logan tightened his grip. "You're my son, okay? My boy." His voice started to break. "I'm so sorry this happened."

John B hugged him again, tightly, the way he wished he'd hugged his dad the last time he saw him.

Dylan was bored out of her mind. Kiara played her ukulele while JJ was waxing his surf board. She held a blunt that JJ'd lit for her, inhaling it ever so often. "That's a lot of wax on your board, man. Put too much wax on there, it's gonna be slippery." Pope warned him.

JJ paused and looked over his shoulder. "Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?"

"No, I'm just saying that's a lot of wax."

"No, no, no, you're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding me?"

Kiara and Dylan looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"I'm just saying that a colossal waste of wax." Pope continued. "You don't want to be like Dyl that time she waved her board too much."

Dylan cringed. "Oh, yeah. I twisted my ankle. That hurt like a bitch."

"Yeah, well, you're just clumsy, DJ."

She rolled her eyes and took another hit. They heard a car horn. It was a familiar sound. Then an engine sputtering. "Do you hear that?" Asked JJ.

Dylan sat up and saw the Twinkie with John B inside. "Am I high right now or is that John B driving the Twinkie?"

"That's John B in the Twinkie, baby!" Pope hollered and his eyes went wide.

John B got out of the van. "Are you serious?" Kiara shouted.

"Guess who's out of the clink, boy?" John B shouted happily.

"B!" Dylan screeched and ran to him. She threw her arms around his neck, almost knocking him over. "Holy shit, you're out!"

Kiara screamed. "My boys out of the can!" Said JJ and they all circled around him.

"We missed you!"

"Come on!"

"I missed you guys, too."

"Oh, my god." Dylan laughed teary eyed and they pulled away from him. "How are you here right now?"

"Yeah, how'd you do it? You bust out?" Asked JJ, his blue eyes filled with joy.

"Uh, they dropped the charges."

"They dropped the charges." Pope repeated with wide eyed.

"Dude, that's phenomenal!" Said Kiara.