Twelve. set the world on fire

Twelve.   set the world on fire

      Dylan swam in the water with John B and Kiara while Pope and JJ were watching the drone screen from the dock

Dylan swam in the water with John B and Kiara while Pope and JJ were watching the drone screen from the dock. She swam in front of the camera and blew a kiss, bubbles coming out of her mouth.

Pope smiled. "She's so cute."

JJ looked down and slapped his arm. "Look at you. You're getting bolder and bolder every day." He teased.

"Shut up."

"Don't think I didn't see that moment you two shared last night," he smirked. "You're welcome, by the way."

Pope gave him a look. "You're the one that asked her to dance in the first place."

"I saw an opportunity and I went for it. Take my advice."

Pope scoffed. "Yeah, that'll never happen."

Dylan's head appeared over the water and she shook her head to get the water out of her face. Kiara and John B came up as well.

"Hey, water bug!" JJ shouted at her with a cute smile.

She chuckled. She looked at Pope and wiped her face again. "How's it looking, Pope." She called out.

Pope was too busy paying attention to the way the sun beamed down on her, making the water droplets on her skin shine. "It's looking good. Very good. . ."

John B smirked. "Think she meant the drone,  Pope."

He snapped out of it and shook his head. "Oh! Yep, perfect. Looks, uh . . . Looks great."

Kiara snorted a laugh and Dylan smiled to herself.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim,"  John B explained. 

"That's such bullshit.  Why do we have to do that?"  JJ asked.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up," said Pope.

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"Why don't we just have Dylan's dad do it?" Kiara asked, remembering that the girl's dad was a lawyer.

John B shook his head. "No. We're not involving Logan. We'll figure something out." That's when he noticed that Dylan wasn't around. "Uhh, where is Dylan?"

They looked around and saw that she wasn't around them. "DJ?"  John B called out. "DYLAN?"

Pope's hands clutched the wood anxiously. "DYLAN?"  He called out her name, his voice dripping with worry.

"DJ, where are you?" JJ shouted and cupped his hands around his mouth. "DYLAN!"

As their worry started to grow from not seeing their friend, a head suddenly poked out of the water, far away from them on almost the other side of the marsh. Dylan waved at them. "Hey guys!"