Nineteen. shining just for you

Nineteen.   shining just for you

      Dylan Jennings was a mirrorball

Dylan Jennings was a mirrorball. She shined for other people no matter what the price was. She was beautiful and her beauty reflected on other people,  seemingly making them appear more beautiful. But she was also sensitive; fragile, if you must say. When she broke, it was in a million pieces. She often tried to change everything about her to fit in. She wanted people to like her and they did. Everyone on the island loved Dylan. That's why when the people she loved most were mad at her, it made her feel insecure about herself.

She was unusually quiet in the Twinkie. Kiara didn't speak a word. Their silence made the boys feel awkward. Kiara and Dylan were like two peas in a pod. They were sisters. It was extremely rare that they ever fought.

Pope noticed the way she was picking at her nails, peeling the skin around her cuticles. He grabbed her hand and she looked at him. One of the special things about Dylan and Pope was hair ability to comfort each other without words. She knew and felt everything with just one touch. She squeezed his hand.

When they arrived at the state park, Pope climbed over and slid the door open. "All right, hit it boys! Recon mission!" JJ hollered.

John B turned around in his seat. "Yo, uh. . . So, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself. . ." He stuttered.

His face fell. "Really?"

"What? I-I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery!"

Dylan scoffed. "Well that's hurtful."

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all!" Kiara voiced her annoyance.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B assured. "It's just, uh, like a-a business meeting thing,"

JJ made a blow job motion with his mouth and Dylan rolled her lips back to keep from making a sound. Pope had no shame in laughing.

"Look once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right?"

"No offense, JB, but you sound like an asshole." Dylan admonished.

Kiara scoffed. "There you go again with defending her,"

She glared. "It's called being nice, Kiara."

"Oh, and I'm not nice?"

"You're all about girls supporting girls until it's a girl you don't like."

"Here we go again." JJ muttered and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Okay, okay!" John B quickly interrupted them. He looked at Kiara. "I promise that nothing is going on between me and Sarah."

"I'm being serious. This isn't about you, and it's not about us. It's about her," Kiara emphasized. "Dude, she's going to get inside your head. Just promise me nothings happening between you guys."