Fifty Seven. a love I'd cross oceans for

      Dylan always said she wanted to die in the ocean

      Dylan always said she wanted to die in the ocean. That if death was her fate, she wanted to go in her safe place. She wanted the ocean to sweep her away, for the salt water to encase her body, and she wanted to feel nothing but peace. The ocean was her safe place. All of her memories were scattered across the rippling waves. Her childhood was nestled on the ocean floor. Her heart belonged with everlasting currents that stretched for miles and miles. They were one, her and the sea. If she was to die the water, she would be okay with it.

But Dylan didn't want to die. There was so much she wanted to do with her life, so many things she had yet to see. Her dreams were still big, they were lively. Dylan always thought the ocean was her safe place when in fact, it was the people around her. It was Pope, it was John B, it was her family. They kept her alive. They kept her at peace. They kept her from sinking.

There was too much on the line for her to give up now. When she resurfaced in the water, Dylan shook her head and sucked in air. "Are you guys okay?" She asked Pope and Cleo.

"We're good!" She responded with.

"C'mon, we gotta find John B and Sarah!" Pope declared until he saw the gold cross start to lift from the water. "No, no, no, no, no."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Dylan released in anger. She considered drowning herself in that moment.

"Pope! DJ!" John B called out their names and he drive the boat in their direction.

"Hey! We're over here!"

"John B!"

"We're over here!"

Dylan swam with all her might to the boat. No matter how tired she was, the adrenaline inside of her kept pumping. "Sarah!"

Sarah leaned over and held out her hands. "Dylan, grab onto me!" She yelled back.

"Pope!" John B exclaimed and reached out for Pope.

Dylan swam to the edge of the boat and she gripped onto Sarah's hands. With tired breaths, she used her muscles to help Sarah pull her in. It was a struggle but with determination, Sarah yanked her into the lifeboat and Dylan fell in. "Hi." She said with a shaky breath and cupped her face.

Seeing her safe, Dylan's eyes welled with tears. "You're okay. I'm so sorry, Sarah." She weeped and clutched her wrists.

"Don't be sorry. It's okay. Everything's okay."

"Help us get her in." She heard John B say as he and Pope tried helping Cleo into the boat.

"Cleo, holy shit." Said Sarah and they collectively grabbed onto Cleo and pulled her inside.

"Long time no see girl." She laughed upon seeing Sarah.

The two of them embraced. "What are you doing here?"