Forty Six. always running for the thrill of it

Forty Six.   always running for the thrill of it

      The last thing Dylan should've expected was to see police cars chasing after an ambulance, but knowing JJ, she wasn't surprised at all

      The last thing Dylan should've expected was to see police cars chasing after an ambulance, but knowing JJ, she wasn't surprised at all. "Kie, stop in the middle of the road!" She ordered the driver.

Listening, Kiara got to the middle of the street and stopped dead, chasing the police car to stop as well. "Get out of the way!" He shouted at her.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Kiara apologized.

"Move! Get your car out of the road!"

"She just got her license!"

Dylan spotted an all white figure making a run for it. She looked out her window and saw JJ running for his life. Oh, what a dumbass. Kiara eventually started driving again and she sped around to the other side of where the woods ended. "I wonder what his excuse'll be this time."

They spotted JJ coming out of the woods. "Come on!" Pope shouted out the window.

"Open the door, DJ!" Kiara told her.

Dylan scooted over and flung the back door open. "Hurry up, J!" She hollered.

He jumped inside the car and bumped into her accidentally. "Go! Go! Go!" He urged.

Kiara sped off, the tires screeching against the pavement. It was quiet as they listened to him inhale and exhale deeply. Dylan looked his way. "Go ahead. Lay it on us."

"Look, I busted the wrong guy out of jail. Sue me!"

She hid her face in her hands. Kiara whirled her head in his direction. "What?"

"At least I was trying." He defended himself.

"You are seriously the stupidest person I know. Like why would you do that?" Dylan said and smacked the side of his head. "Do you not understand how badly that could've ended?"

"Obviously I know that. DJ!" He hollered.

"Clearly not! You wanna end up in there with John B, too?"

"It's gonna happen anyways, D. So, why does it matter?"

His words made her pause. Her mouth gaped open slightly. He looked completely defeated. Dylan smacked his head again. "Don't ever do that again. You hear me?" She snapped but she spoke in a way like a sister would a brother. She loved him. She cared about him too much to let him throw his life away.

"You okay, man?" Pope asked him, his voice gentle as well.

"Yeah. Just a doozy of a day."

Dylan inhaled a small breath. She laid her head back on the head rest. "What're we gonna do now?" She asked but one of them seemed to have an answer.