Chapter 142

Depuis le début

I glanced at my remaining ammo. Maybe fourteen or fifteen left.

"Stay behind me, Margaret."

Dropping Diego to the ground, Enoch drew his sword and stepped toward the monsters. Kayden did the same, dropping Ruzef to the ground and drawing his dagger.

"Stay here."

He also faced monsters with his dagger.

Eunji, draped around my waist, slithered down to the ground and stood guard in front of Ruzef and Diego, breathing fire as the monsters approached.

I was on high alert while holding the flare gun tightly and waiting for the slaying to end, but the monsters kept coming, and there was no end in sight.

It was getting to the point where I was exhausted.

-bam!

A sound overhead made me look up. There was a flying monster. A large bat-like monster flew through the crumbling ceiling.

Damn, that's ominous......

I pulled the trigger of the flare gun at the bat flying in front of me. The thing is, not only one flying at me.

As expected, they snatched me by the waist.

"Shit...!"

I saw Eunji startled and tried to breathe fire, then stop for fear of hurting me. I slowly moved away from the ground and got higher and higher.

I don't know how many times I've said this, but is it a sin to have mana? Why do monsters like me so much?!

"Margaret!"

The two men came toward me in surprise, but I quickly rose to a height beyond their reach.

And then,

-shoot!!

An arrowhead flew out of nowhere and struck the body of the bat that had snatched me.

"Ahh!"

I squeezed my eyes shut and crashed down, but luckily, someone caught me.

"Young Lady Floné, it's been a long time, and your greeting is still spectacular."

His voice was familiar. It was the voice of a man I had forgotten for a long time.

It was none other than Arthdal who caught me.

"Prince Cheekydal?"

As I muttered that with a blank face, Arthdal wrinkled his face.

"It looks like you're fine."

I slid out of his arms with a bewildered face.

Arthdal was wearing cargo pants and a black hoodie. It was an outfit that shouldn't have been so out of place for a pompous crown prince, but he was handsome enough to pull it off.

I think there were supplies around here, and it looks like Arthdal found them.

"Margaret!"

And a woman popped out from behind Arthdal and pulled me into a big hug. It was Yuanna.

Like Arthdal, she was wearing a techwear jumpsuit.

"You're okay! I knew you would. Thank God," Yuanna murmured, cupping both my cheeks and scrutinizing my complexion.

But since when did she call me Margaret?

"Margaret!"

"Are you okay?!"

Just then, I heard Enoch and Kayden's voices in the distance. Surrounded by monsters, they were too busy protecting Diego and Ruzef to come this way.

Looking at them, Yuanna smiled. "There is a way out, but first we have to get them on board, right?"