CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED NINETEEN

"LEAVING SO SOON, Julius, Yoshiko?" Asked a voice from behind the girl. "But I just invited you,"

"Who—!" Yoshiko started but she was cut off when the man from behind put his hand over his eyes.

"Lu—"

"Don't spoil it, Julius," said the man so far known as 'Lu'. "We don't want our little princess to know who I am, do we now?"

"Get away from her," Julius said.

"But I need her for my plan," Lu argued. "Without her, victory is uncertain,"

"Plan...?" Yoshiko asked.

"That's right," answered Lu. "You are a crucial part of my plan. Without you, I might fail,"

"Why do... you need... me...?" Yoshiko asked.

Even though she asked that, she knew the answer.

"Why, for your heart of course," Lu told her. "Your heart is very strong, it contains great power. When I consume your heart, I'll be overflowing with power,"

I knew it...

"This plan of yours... what are you doing?" Julius asked.

He doesn't know either?

"Don't worry about it, Julius. I've seen the future," Lu told him.

"Are you... the one... who killed... my mom...?" Yoshiko asked.

"Yoshiko..." Julius said.

"My, what a smart girl you are," Lu said, patting her head softly and almost lovingly. Yoshiko felt sick as he patted her head. "Yes, I was the one who killed your mother. Now the next question is... who helped me kill your mother?"

"What...?" Yoshiko's eyes widened. Someone... helped him kill my mother...?

"That's right. I wasn't alone in all this. There were people helping me kill dear mama... Do you want to know who?"

"Yoshiko... this is all a lie, he was the only one who killed your mother," Julius said.

"Oh. But there were several others as well, all contributing to Miyuki's death,"

"Everyone who did was forced by your hands!" Julius said. "No one wanted to kill Miyuki, Lu—"

"H-How do... you know...?" Yoshiko asked, face paling and hands trembling.

"W-Wait, I meant..." Julius started but trailed off.

"You see, Yoshiko... Julius was present when your mother died," Lu said. "However, he was unable to help her. But then... why didn't he tell your father what happened?"

Yoshiko was stunned to speak as Lucius continued to stroke her hair. Her entire body trembled with fear and betrayal.

Julius was there when her mom died. Lu might have killed her but Julius was also there. He knew how Miyuki died but he didn't give Hiruko or Ryuko the closure they needed.

"Because, my dear," Lu started, answering his own question, "he was afraid that because of it, he wouldn't be able to become the Wizard King. So to save his own skin, he betrayed your father's trust,"

"That isn't true!" Julius shouted. "I didn't have a choice! If they learned the secrets of Miyuki's heart, they would have tried to use Ryuko!"

"Ah, but I didn't say that you needed to tell everyone," said Lu. "All I said was to tell Hiruko who had to deal with the lost of dear wife and beloved daughter,"

"The Clover Kingdom never let Hiruko out of their sight! He was always under heavy surveillance, his letters were always checked and he couldn't even talk to his family without someone being there to watch him!" Julius shouted. "If I told him, the Clover Kingdom would know and Ryuko would be in danger!"