CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

ASTA AND YOSHIKO both stood in front of the mage. If anyone else had been here, they would have known that Yoshiko was right. But whether it's unfortunate or not, they had the mage right there and they were going to put a stop to the endless terror.

"So somebody shows up. And not only are they from the Black Bulls, but they're also children!" The mage said.

"Get away from that girl, you crazy jerk!" Asta shouted.

"You morons, you can't stop my army with an attack like that!" The mage yelled.

We can. Well, Asta can. If I use my Nifl's Frostbite, then I might be able to help more.

As the mage was going to call up the corpses again, he noticed they weren't rising.

"Wait... Huh?" He asked.

The little girl took that moment to run away. She gave Yoshiko a hug.

"I was so scared!" She cried. Yoshiko patted her head in reassurance.

I don't smell any blood coming from her. She should be fine.

"I get it! You're that anti-magic guy!" He said. Then he started scratching his head. "Argh! Quit messing with me! No one asked for a no magic guy like you!"

Through a portal, new corpses appeared.

[Winter Creation Magic: Nifl's Frostbites]

Snow surrounded the corpses as the mana from them began sucking out. Asta then slashed them up.

For now, all I can do is support Asta in order to lighten his load.

Leopold looked at the two. He noticed Yoshiko's calm and smart way of fighting and Asta's reckless but incredible fighting style.

"They're just way too interesting! That's exactly what makes them my rivals!" Leopold shouted.

The mage responsible for the attack noticed that Yoshiko's magic and Asta's sword can take away the mana from the corpses and make them lifeless again.

"Why are you attacking innocent people, you jerk?!" Asta asked. The mage irked. Asta and Yoshiko ran towards him. "We're going to take you down!"

That's when a beam came towards them and Yoshiko dodged it with ease. Asta on the other hand wasn't so lucky. He barely dodged it, scraping his cheek.

"Number four, Jimmy," He told them. A large mechanic-like figure appeared in front of them.

That smell... that thing was once human!

"This magic... how disgusting,"

"Innocent?" The mage asked. "Anyone who doesn't understand my power is a sinner!"

"Geez talk about a god complex,"

"Those brats are your prey this time, Jimmy," The mage said.

"You've been bringing up all kinds of creepy stuff! Cut it out, jerk!" Asta shouted pointing at him.

Ew.

"Me and you both,"

That's when Asta noticed his cheek bleeding. Yoshiko could smell something ominous from it.

That smell... I've smelled it before. On Captain William and Captain Charlotte. But this one is more weak.

"A curse,"

Curse?

"That's right. It's a curse,"

"Jimmy just got you with his special-made curse shell! It's loaded with curse power!" The mage said. "Even the scratches won't stop bleeding!"