CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

"WE HAVE YOU surrounded! Just give up already!" Asta shouted as he wiggled his swords towards Fana. "Resistance is futile!"

"Gah, you crazy woman, just stop and let us go home," Haruto groaned.

"If you do something stupid, your friends and parents back at home will be sad!" Asta shouted.

"Wrong move..." Yuna sighed as Fana grew angry and Salamander regenerated.

"Don't speak of my friends... humans!!" She shouted angrily.

"She still has that kind of magic this late in the fight?!" Finral demanded.

"Gah! Pain in the butt!" Haruto and Asta both shouted.

Yuna and Haruto turned their heads to the side to see Franzel and Mars coming towards them.

"What the...?" Haruto muttered before turning to Asta. "Hey! Kid!"

"Who are you calling a kid?! You're only four years older than me!" Asta shouted but Haruto grabbed his face and forced him to look to the side.

"What the heck is going on there?!" Asta demanded. "And... Mister Zel?!"

"Okay, so you know who's there," Haruto muttered.

"Wait... why's he with the pasty-faced guy?!" Asta demanded.

At that time, Salamander shot a large fire ball towards them.

"Yikes!" Asta shouted.

"Hit it over to us, Asta!" Franzel shouted.

"I don't really get it but..." Asta said as he roared out and hit the flames towards Franzel.

Franzel change the movements of the fire ball and made it go directly to the man they were being chased by.

The man fell and Franzel and Mars came down from the sky. Another man was with them too. Asta's eyes widened upon his resemblance to a certain someone.

"Mr. Zeeeell! I have no clue what's going on here!" Asta shouted.

"Wow, Asta! That was really something!" Franzel said. "You've gotten much stronger!"

"Oh, no, it wasn't that great," Asta said before turning to Mars. "Wait, no! Why're you with that pasty-faced guy?! He's with the enemy!"

"Asta, was it? I'm not your enemy, trust me," Mars said.

"Mars, if you're glaring at Asta, he won't believe you," the much older man said.

The man was tall and slim with an athletic build and porcelain skin. His hair was short, wavy and silver that was kept in a bro flow (yes that's the name of the style, I searched it up). But to Asta, that wasn't the most shocking part. What shocked him was the colour of his eyes.

They were silver.

"Teacher..." Mars said, looking over at the man. "By the way, short stuff. My name is Mars,"

"Hey!! And you're rude for no reason too!" Asta shouted.

"I'll explain later. We seem to have to dealt with Lardos thanks to you but..." Franzel said, looking over at Fana. "We have to put down this monster first,"

'So that's the Salamander spirit I've been hearing about. It seems to have been weakened quite a bit but it's still extraordinary!' Mars thought but when he looked at the flames, he realised something. 'Those flames though, they're like mine...'

And that's when it hit him.

"Fana?!" Mars asked which caused both of their eyes to widen.

"FANA!" Mars shouted again as he went towards her but he was held back by Asta.