CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

IN THE END, the two dragons couldn't find Ryuko. Yoshiko held onto Hitoshi's hand as the two walked down the streets.

Good news for her though, she managed to win a game. She ended up getting a small, light pink stuffed bunny which she now carried in her other hand.

The two stopped when they saw a field of briars attacking a man. The two looked at it without saying anything. Hitoshi sighed deeply.

"Probably a Magic Knight," he said.

This magic...it belongs to...

Yoshiko tugged on Hitoshi's hand.

"Let's see!" She said.

"You want to see who it is?" Hitoshi asked as Yoshiko nodded. "Alright. I should probably speak to the captains,"

The two went over. Yoshiko momentarily met eyes with the pretty lady who she immediately recognised as the captain of the Blue Rose. The captain had a man trapped within her magic which made Hitoshi and Yoshiko both confuse.

"'Come along with you?' Did you plan to show me off like an accessory or decoration? Without me even consenting... How dare you?" She asked. "Bamilton house? So what? I'm from house Roselei! You thought just because I was a woman, you could come at me so carelessly and treat me like that?"

"Asta!" Yoshiko whisper-shouted at Asta.

"Oh. Yoshiko! There you are," Asta said as Yoshiko rested her chin on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Is there even any one thing you could possibly excel at more than I do?" Charlotte asked before turning over to the other men. "What's wrong? Go on... use your magic and try to do something about my roses,"

[Flame Dragon Magic: Nuri's Breath]

Orange flames covered the roses. Yoshiko's eyes widened as she looked over at Hitoshi who had his arm extended towards Charlotte and the man. He closed his hand into a fist and the flames disappeared. The man was left unharmed.

"You really don't know how to control your emotions, captain Charlotte," Hitoshi said. "It makes me wonder...are you really suited to be a captain?"

Yoshiko tensed as she felt Hitoshi's cold demeanour. Her arms wrapped tightly around Asta as she buried her head in his shoulder.

"Yoshiko?" Asta asked, looking at her. "Are you okay?"

"..."

I don't get it. Why is he so mean to her?

"Because she's a human noble of the Clover kingdom. Dragons hate nobles of the Clover kingdom,"

But the captain hasn't done anything wrong.

"You're right. But are they mostly arrogant fools? Yes. That's why I can't stand humans. Everyone was born from a mother. And yet, there is such a disgusting difference simply of where they were born,"

"M-My apologise, sir," Charlotte said, looking away.

"What?! Who is this man, sis?!" A tanned girl asked. "And why are you apologising to him?!"

"This man is the head of the Dragon Tribe," Charlotte said. "And I apologised because my behaviour in front of him was undignified,"

"Huh?" The girl asked. "Well, never mind that. I found a totally marvellous dress! You're gonna look amazing in it, I'm sure of it!"

"Wait... Stop it... Sol!" Charlotte shouted as they entered some camp-like thing.

"Nii-sama," Yoshiko said coldly to her cousin as she crossed her arms.