CHAPTER SEVENTY

ONCE AGAIN, Yoshiko stood in a dark place. She couldn't feel Rin's presence but she did feel Asgorath's. However, Asgorath's seemed different. It was like he wasn't in her like usual.

Where...? She thought, looking around.

"You have the ability to speak here and yet, your mouth is closed. Far different from how your mind speaks,"

Whipping her body towards the sound of the voice, Yoshiko's eyes widened.

"M-Mr. Asgorath?! Is that you?"

"No, I'm the King of Curses," Asgorath replied.

"Quit being a jerk! Where are we and where's Rin if she's not with me?" Yoshiko asked. "And how come I can't see you? Why's this place so dark? Can you make some light? Ooh! Can I make some light? Where is every-"

"God. Do you ever stop talking? You're getting on my nerves," Asgorath said.

"Hey! Quit being a big jerk! I don't actually talk, I just think a lot and because you live in my brain-"

"I don't live in your brain," Asgorath clarified.

"Huh? Then where do you live?" Yoshiko said tilting her head.

"That isn't important right now," Asgorath said.

"It is important! What if I get hurt? Do you get hurt? Do you feel sad when I'm sad? Does yummy food taste good to you too when I eat it? Are you happy when I'm happy? Do you-"

"Again. You keep blabbering on nonsense. Stop it," Asgorath groaned. "Why was I given such an annoying host?"

"Annoying?!" Yoshiko demanded with an irk mark coming to her head. "You...You jerk!"

"I am not a jerk!" Asgorath shouted which caused Yoshiko to get even more madder.

"Yes you are! You keep interrupting me and telling me to be quiet when I talk!" Yoshiko shouted. "That's what being a jerk is! And you even called me annoying! You don't have to listen to me when I speak in my head but you always do! You're being nice and all but if you don't like it, don't listen!"

Yoshiko huffed and crossed her arms. Asgorath-wherever he was-sighed.

"Listen. There's something important I need to tell you," Asgorath said.

"..." Yoshiko kept quiet.

"Oi, girl, listen to me," Asgorath said.

"I am listening to you," Yoshiko said. "You told me to be quiet so I'm quiet now,"

Asgorath sighed. Yoshiko felt a nudge from behind. She turned around to see something's mouth. It was big and large.

"Ah! Where did you come from?" Yoshiko asked, placing her hands on the nose. "What are you supposed to be? A large lizard?"

"I am not a lizard," the animal spoke.

Yoshiko immediately recognised the voice.

"M-M-Mr. Asgorath?!" She stuttered. "You're the cute giant lizard?!"

"Cute? Lizard?" Asgorath asked. "Are you trying to anger me?"

"N-No! I was just surprised," Yoshiko said, laying her head near his nostrils. "You're just...more amazing that I expected. I didn't expect you to be so big and pretty...Hee hee,"

"You're laughing despite us arguing a few minutes ago," Asgorath said. "You're a strange one,"

"Hm...Are you a dragon?" Yoshiko asked.