Chapter 13

The group walked along the beach. Ashley struggled to put the giant coin in her pocket. Suddenly, Crystal stopped and squinted at the map. "Why are we stopping?" Blade asked. "Whats wrong Crystal?" CJ asked. "The map stops here. Theres nothing else. Arent we supposed to get all of the artifacts?" Crystal asked. Silver nodded. "We do. And we still have six more" She said. "So who are we missing?" Crystal asked. "Mine, white wings, wolf, furry, alien, and Silvers" Blade said. "Why does she get a real name?" CJ asked. Blade ignored her question. "So if the map stops here, then whos is next?" Crystal asked. "Is this not obvious? Are you all blind?" Leah asked. "Stop ridiculing us. Just tell us white wings" Blade said. Leah looked at Blade like shes stupid. "You really dont know?" She asked. Blade shrugged, still waiting on an answer. "Its yours and mine, demon scum" Leah said. Blades eyes widened. "NO! GOD NO!" Blade yelled. She leaned her head on Leahs shoulder. "What? You dont wanna go home?" Leah asked. "Not particularly" Blade mumbled. "Silver, can you open a portal to Hell?" Leah asked. "Hell? Is that safe for us?" Crystal asked referring to the mortals. Blade stood up. "Hell isnt just a pit of fire. You will be perfectly fine. As for the portal, I can do it" she said. She drew a circle in the air and it dissapeared. She stared at her finger for a moment. The others looked confused. Blade laughed nervously and then tried again, but it still failed. "Now?! Now is when it doesnt work?!" Blade said in frustration. "Relax Blade. I got it" Silver said. Blade looked down, disappointed in herself. "Are you ok?" Leah asked, putting her hand on Blades shoulder. Blade shook off her hand and walked away, not answering. Silver drew a circle in the air and a portal appeared below them. They all fell through.

All the morals fell onto the ground. Leah, Silver, and Blade landed perfectly. "Get up. Check the map" Blade said. Crystal brushed the dirt off her shoulder and then opened the map. "Woah. It changed. It says we're getting... oh" Crystal said. "Oh? Dont say oh. Thats never good" Blade said. "The devils pitchfork" Crystal said. Blade stared at her for a moment. "Whelp, Im dead" she said. "Who can get it? Cause it probably isnt you?" Leahs said to Blade. Blade rolled her eyes. "I dont know. The only person thats been able to even get near it is Lucifer, but he's long gone" Blade said. "I guess we'll need some help. Do you know anyone who can help us?" Crystal asked. Blade visibly panicked. "No" she said immediately. Leah looked at her confused. "But-" she started. "No! I said no! Ill get it myself." Blade growled. Leah backed off. "Lead the way human" Blade said. Crystal raised an eyebrow in confusion but started the walk.

They got to the place the map said. It looked like a castle that had been destroyed. Ruble was everywhere and it had no ceiling. Blade went to the door but it was stuck. "Its probably locked. We need to find another way in" Leah said. Blade looked up at the low crumbling wall. "Ill open the door from the inside." She said. "What?" Leah said shocked. Sharp claws shot out of Blades fingers and she jumped up onto the wall. Her claws dug into the wall. "Whats she doing?" Crystal asked. Leah groaned. "Scaling the wall. Shes gonna get herself killed" Leah said. Leah flew up beside Blade. "Need a hand? Or shall I say a wing?" Leah asked. "Fuck you" Blade spat. She got to the top and hopped over the wall, pulling her claws back in. Leah landed next to her. "So you're a classic demon?" She asked. Blade looked at her confused. "You dont have wings. You have that natural red horn color and not many demons have claws anymore" Leah said. Blade blushed. "Yeah I guess" She said. Blade unlocked the door and opened it for the others. "Come on" she said.

They walked through the castle until they found a dark chamber where the pitchfork was. "Wow, this doesnt look hard" Blade said. She ran up to it. "Blade, I dont think you should-" Leah was cut off when Blade tried to grab it. She blasted backwards into the air. She must've flown the distance of a football field. She tumbled onto the ground and laid there, not moving. She could move, she just didnt. The others ran to her. "Blade!" Leah said kneeling to her. Blade looked at her with a dead expression. "Are you ok?" Leah asked. Blade got up. "Yeah. Im fine" she said. She looked back at the pitchfork and then turned away. She limped away. "Blade, let me help you" Silver said grabbing her shoulder. "Dont touch me!" Blade snapped. Silver was taken back and Blade looked down. "Im sorry. I just dont want your help" Blade said. "Blade, we need more information on this. We cant just risk everyone getting hurt" Leah said. Blade huffed. "Come on. I really didnt want to do this" Blade said. "Where are we going?" Silver asked. "My house" Blade said.

They got to Blades house. "Wow. You have a nice place" Crystal said. "No I dont" Blade said immediately. They went inside. "Charlie! I told you to stop coming to my house for work related issues! Dear Satan, can you not listen?!" Someone yelled. The group looked at Blade confused. She seemed unfazed. "Babe!" She called out. There was a short silence. A girl peeked around the corner looking utterly confused. "When you said you had to go on this weird mission, I didnt think you'd take them all home" She said walking to the group. "Guys, this is my fiance, Ember." Blade said. Ember is tall, long wavy black hair, purple horns and tail, with scaly purple wings. "Shes a succubus" Leah said shocked. "Blade, why are you scratched up and holding your leg?" Ember asked raising an eyebrow. "I uh... I tried to take the devils pitchfork" Blade said with a nervous smile. "What?! Are you fucking insane?!" Ember yelled. Blade looked down. Ember groaned. "We have to get it for this stupid test" Blade said quietly. The others were shocked by how quickly Blade submitted to Ember. "Come on. Lets get you cleaned up. Ill help you with this in a moment. Do you guys mind staying in here?" Ember asked. The group shook their heads. "No thats fine" Silver said. "Great thanks" Ember said. Ember picked up Blade with no problem what so ever, and took her into a different room. Blade looked dead as they walked out. Leah looked at her in thought. She knows somethings up with her and Ember. Blade looks like her soul left her body. Leah slipped away and put her ear against the door that they went in, listening carefully.