Chapter 10

Silver fell back to walk with Blade. "I saw what happened you know" she said. Blade looked at her confused. "You dont have to be embarrassed. I know why you couldn't blast that wall" Silver said. Blades eyes widened quickly. "I dont know what you're talking about" she said looking down. "Keep saying that Blade. One day itll catch up to you" Silver said walking back to the group. Blade looked up and sighed. Leah noticed and went to her. "Are you ok?" She asked. Blade nodded. "Yeah. Im fine" she lied. Leah smiled. "Come on" she said dragging Blade up to the group.

"So whats next?" Nova asked. "Its in the middle of the ocean. I thought we already got Ashleys" Crystal said. "We did. Thats probably yours" Silver said. "What?" Crystal said shocked. "Where is it? Like whats the name?" Ashley asked. "Its too blurry to read. I think it starts with an A?" Crystal said confused. Ashley took a step back in horror. "Atlantis" she said quietly, as if it were some forbidden word. "Why would the humans artifact be in Atlantis?" Crystal asked. "What is the humans artifact?" Nova asked. "I cant read it, and I dont know what it is off the top of my head" Crystal said. "Well then we're gonna have to find someone who does. Crystal, do you live near here?" Jax asked. Crystal looked down to the map. "Its a little far, but theres a train a little down from here thatll take us there" Crystal said. "We're gonna have to sneak on. People dont react well to demons on train cars" Blade said. "Well then we better get going" Nova said.

They got to the train station. "Ok, we'll get in and open the back so you can jump on after it gets going" Crystal said. Blade nodded. Leah, Blade, Jax, and CJ have to jump on the back. The rest of them can pass for humans. If they all get in, then someone will think somethings wrong and probably stop the train, or they'll accuse them of doing something wrong and get them kicked off. Crystal, Nova, Randy, Dakota, Ashley, and Silver got on the train and went to the last car. When the train started, the other four ran up behind it as Ashley opened the gate. Leah flew on with no problem. Blade, CJ, and Jax jumped on and clutched onto the gate until they could get through it. "The cars empty. Come on" Dakota said peeking out the door. "So where are we going exactly?" Jax asked. "My home town. Not somewhere I wanna go" Crystal said angrily. "Why?" CJ asked. "I have a reputation" Crystal said. "You better not be a celebrity" Blade said. "Im not. Not really. People either love me or hate me" Crystal said. "Why? Whatd you do?" Jax asked. "Well, Im a professional softball player, so those people like me. But I also got involved with... a bad person... a while back and some people still think Im like her" Crystal said. "What did she do?" CJ asked curiously. Crystal looked down and shook her head. "I dont wanna talk about it" she said quietly. CJ put her hand on Crystals shoulder. "We dont need to know. Anyway, do you know who we're asking about this artifact?" Jax asked. "Yeah. My father is a historian. I figure he can help." Crystal said. "Is your father one of the people who likes you?" Blade asked. Crystal put her hand on thr back of her neck and looked to the side. "Oh great" Blade said sarcastically. "Itll be fine. If he doesnt help us, we'll figure something else out" CJ said.

The train stopped and the four that snuck on, then had to sneak off and go around the long way to catch up with the others. When they got there, Crystal led them through the town. Blade was looking around like a crazy person. "Are people staring at me?" She asked. "Yes. You're a demon. A lot of humans are very superstitious" Crystal said. "Perfect" Blade said rolling her eyes.

They walked down the street to a museum. "Go around. Ill let you in from the side door so you dont have to pay" Crystal said. The others went around the side and Crystal went in. "Ben! Is my father here?" Crystal asked. "Yeah, but he doesnt wanna see you" the guy at the front said. "He never does" Crystal said walking in. She ran to the side door and let the girls in. "This way. He's probably in his office" Crystal said. The group walked through a back hallway and to a door labeled Mr. Beckett. Crystal knocked. "Come in" a deep voice answered. Crystal opened the door and went in. "What do you want Crystal. Im busy" the man said. "Father, remember the letter I told you about?" Crystal asked. "The one that made me think you'd be gone for longer? Yeah. Why?" He asked. Crystal kicked the door open wider to show the other girls. Her fathers eyes widened. "We need to find the humans artifact. Its located in Atlantis. Do you know what it is?" Crystal asked. "Atlantis?" He said shocked. He looked down in thought. "Atlantis was sunken by the gods after the people became too greedy. Anything that was there before, cant possibly be in good shape now. And if it is, its long gone. Youll never find it" he said. "Its actually in pretty good shape" Ashley said. Crystal and her father looked at Ashley. "What? Ive been there. Its really creepy. We think its haunted" she said. "I dont know the artifact you're looking for Crystal." Her father said. "Great" Crystal said angrily. "Im sure that-" Crystal cut him off. "CAN YOU TALK TO ME ONE TIME WITHOUT MENTIONING HER?! GOD!" Crystal yelled, slamming her fists on his desk. Her father remained calm. "You know Im right. You know that she knows what you're looking for" he said. "And you know that nothing comes for free with her. Theres always a price, and I know exactly what itll be if I ask" Crystal said. "Sounds like a you problem" he said. Crystal clenched her fists, and stormed out of his office. The group was hesitant but followed.

"Are you ok?" CJ asked when they got outside. Crystals head snapped to her and she took a step back. Crystal breathed out. "Im fine." She snapped. "Whos this girl?" CJ asked. "My ex. She went bat-shit crazy and pulled me in with her. Thats why my father hates me. Now that crazy bitch follows me around town everywhere, even though we're broken up" Crystal said. "Can she really help us?" Blade asked. "I wont risk that" Crystal said. "What trick can she pull? You said humans are superstitious? Well then Ill just freak her out a bit and we'll be on our way" Blade said. Crystal sighed. "Fine" she said. "How do we find her?" CJ asked. "We dont. She's watching me right now. She cant hear me though." Crystal said walking up to CJ. "You trust me?" She asked. "Yeah why?" CJ said. Crystal pulled the collar of CJs shirt down to her and kissed her passionately. CJ was stunned but went along with it. They pulled away and stared at each other for a moment. Crystal enjoyed that a lot more than she would ever admit. "A mutant? Really?" They heard. The voice circled them like it was haunting them. Crystal turned around to see a black and pink cloud of mist fly around. "Rhea" Crystal said. The mist became taller and when it vanished a girl stood there. She had long black hair and bright pink eyes. Novas jaw dropped. "You dated a corrupted human?" Nova asked. "She wasnt corrupted when I met her" Crystal said.