Chapter 12

"Im surprised you can keep up with me without a tail" Ashley said. "Im not swimming Ash. Im technically flying right now" Silver said. "So could you go faster?" Ashley asked. "Definitely, but Im nice so Im gonna stay at your pace" Silver said. Ashley smiled. "Can I ask you a question?" She asked. "Yeah" Silver said. "Why cant you decide when to use your powers? Shouldn't it be up to you? I mean, its your magic" Ashley said. "Thats true, but the upper heads are very strict. Their my boss. I cant use my magic unless its healing, or unless its absolutely necessary" Silver said. "And what counts as absolutely necessary?" Ashley asked. Silver looked over at her. "I dont know yet. I have to find out myself" Silver said. "And how will you find out if you dont use your magic?" Ashley said. Silver looked down. "I dont know. I guess Im just scared to get in trouble." Silver said. "Im sure everything will be ok" Ashley said. Ashley took Silvers hand in hers. Silver smiled. "You're right. Lets stop here. Atlantis is so far away, itll take days" Silver said. "So what are we gonna do?" Ashley asked. Silver smirked and held out her hand. She drew a circle and shot it out. It became completely white and expanded. "Is that a portal?" Ashley asked. "I havent done that in a while. I hope I did it right" Silver said. "Meh. Good enough for me" Ashley said. The two went through the portal.

They shot out the other side and Silver immediately pulled Ashley behind a rock. The two peeked over the top. "Who are they?" Silver asked. Theres two mermen outside Atlantis. "Those are the guards. No ones allowed inside. Even when I came here on a field trip, we weren't allowed in" Ashley said. "Oh we'll be allowed in" Silver said with a smirk. "What? How?" Ashley said. Silver chuckled. "Oh please. This is one thing I never get tired of. Showing up mortals" Silver said. "Huh?" Ashley said confused. "Just follow my lead" Silver said. Her eyes glowed gold, and her started shining a bit. Her outfit changed to something of brighter colors. "Woah. You're even more beautiful" Ashley said star struck. "Thank you. I hate this outfit though" Silver said. She and Ashley went up to the guards. "Hault! You cannot enter" one of the guards said. "Step aside boys. You cannot keep me away from a place thats partially under my protection" Silver said. She made her eyes glow a little more. The guards squinted. "Who are you?" They asked. Silvers pupils got small. "Did I stutter?!" She yelled. Her voice shook the ground and the guards held onto their spears for dear life. "Dont make me tell you again!" Silver said, still in her loud voice. The men cowered under her voice. "S-sorry ma'am. Please, go a-ahead" they stuttered. Silver calmed down. "Thank you" she said calmly. She snatched Ashleys hand and they swam inside.

"What was that?!" Ashley said shocked. "My royal goddess voice. Its kinda like your super voice. Its supposed to 'demand attention' but it really just scares people" Silver said. "Yeah no kidding" Ashley said. Silver stopped and looked at her. "Did I scare you?" She asked concerned. Ashley held her arm and looked to the side. "A little" she said. Silver swam up to her and gently took her hands. "Im sorry. I didnt mean too." She said. Ashley smiled softly. "Its ok. It was also kinda hot" she said. Silvers eyebrows shot up. "Really?" She asked shocked. "Mhmm" Ashley said. Silver smiled softly. "Come on. You have a coin to find" She said. The two swam down into the depths of the ruins. "Wow, this place is really beautiful" Ashley said looking around. Silver looked over. "You think?" She asked. "Yeah. I think the humans made a big mistake. I would have loved to live in a place like this" Ashley said. Silver looked down in thought. "You could" she said. Ashley looked at her confused. "What?" She asked. "You said you have feelings for me? Well, if this works out, then come live with me. I could build your dream home with the snap of my fingers" Silver said. Ashleys eyes widened. "I dont want that! I could never ask that of you! Thats way too much" Ashley said in a panic. "But its not" Silver said. She grabbed Ashleys hands. "Im starting to feel for you too Ashley, and I would do anything for you" she said. Ashley blushed and looked down. "I would rather earn it then have you make it" she said quietly. "Then Ill help you do that" Silver said taking her chin and making her face her. They stared into each others eyes. Ashley leaned in and kissed her. Silver didnt hesitate to return it. They pulled away slowly. "The others are waiting" Silver whispered. "I know." Ashley whispered back. They stared at each other a little longer before they looked away and started looking for the coin. "Found it!" Ashley said. She held up the coin. "Its not that big. Its like the size of my palm" Ashley said. "Lets get out of here" Silver said opening another portal. They swam though it and shot out by the shore.

Silver walked out of the water and shook the water out of her ear. "You're back!" Leah said. "Did you get it?" Crystal asked. Ashley changed back to her human form as she left the water, and held up the coin. "Nice! Now whats next?" Nova asked. "Hold up! I got a question. Are we going to ignore the fact that the furry is carrying a gun?" Blade asked. They all looked at CJ. She took a step back. Crystal looked from the group to CJ and then back again. "Does it matter? She saved my life. No matter what her reason is, I doubt its for anything bad" Crystal said. CJ smiled and sighed. "Its ok Crystal. And you're actually wrong. I carry it for self defense. You guys wanted to know why I have a bounty on my head? Thats cause Im not afraid to shoot people who piss me off" CJ said. The group was shocked. CJ made eye contact with Crystal. "But you have to believe me when I say that I would never shoot you. Any of you" CJ said. Blade smiled. "I believe you. If you were gonna shoot one of us, it would be me and you would've done it long ago." She said. CJ smiled. "Thats true. And thanks" she said. Crystal took CJs hand in hers. "Lets get moving. We still have six more artifacts to get" she said. CJ squeezed her hand as they started walking. "Thanks Crystal" CJ said. "You're welcome, and by the way, I wouldn't mind kissing you again" Crystal said. CJ smiled. "Works for me. As long as you dont become a witch again" CJ said. "Oh believe me. That ship has sailed" Crystal said.