Ch. 25- Two Princes

"Kay........!"

A whimsical female tone floated in the void.

"Hm........!"

"Kay........ wake up......"

"Hmm...."

"You almost slept for a day...... eat something........Wake up......."

I blinked my eyes open to a sea of white—white marble floors, billowing white curtains, and balconies with delicate wrought iron railings framing the picturesque view of the red-tinged sky. Maria Volkner's soothing voice broke the peaceful silence.

"You slept for more than 25 hours, Kay," she said, her divine presence matched the heavenly surroundings. Dressed in a white silk pajama set, her bob in a low messy bun, Maria suggested, "Freshen up; I assume you slept through it all. Go. I'll wait for you in the breakfast hall." Her warmth made me tear up a bit.

Rhys Volkner was indeed lucky, blessed with Maria as his mother.

After spending a considerable time in the lavatory, I ventured out to find Maria gone. The room bathed in the soft hues of dawn, it was almost 6 a.m. My living arrangement felt heavenly, but two realizations hit me hard:

I'd slept for a whole day, missing my flight.I was disconnected from the world; I must get myself a new phone to inform my whearebouts to my office in London.

Rummaging through my neatly arranged luggage, I found a simple pink summer dress—a stark contrast to the opulence of my surroundings. Embracing the simplicity, I slipped into the dress, ready to face whatever the day had in store.

Walking down from the 3rd floor, I realized this house has a few kitchens and dining rooms on every floor.

Talk about luxury!

Some people are way too rich that they have 0 clue what to do with such money. There was a family breakfast hall on 2nd floor, after aimlessly roaming everywhere, a butler helped me to go to the breakfast hall.

Maria was there, cutting her apples. But she was all alone. She smiled at me when she saw me at the door.

"Come! Have a seat." She asked me.

I walked to her and sat in front of her on the table. I was looking for what to say, but before I could even speak, she spoke,

"What breakfast do you want?" There was another butler standing beside her.

I was feeling less hungry, so I asked for just a croissant and a scrambled egg. My brain was still foggy from a 25-hour sleep.

"It has been a long time since I slept like this," I admitted.

"You used to sleep like this?" Maria asked me.

"Yeah, back in my medical school, I slept like this after every exam ended."

Maria smiled back at me. I was thinking that if I ever told Danny's husband that I stayed at Maria Volkner's house, he would either shit on his pants or... would die.

"Your house is very beautiful." I tried to compliment her.

"But this is our official house and we do not stay here often. We live in our home." She smiled at me.

"What's an official house?"

"Well, we use this house as our official residence, but we live on our island, it's on the Lucrene, Switzerland. That's our home. And that's smaller than this place. It's too big and this house does not feel like a home to me." Maria explained.