Chapter 47 - What Do We Have Here?

Start from the beginning

"Um, Master Skywalker, I know you let Soleli work on your starfighter, but something went wrong and the oil came leaking out of one of the conduit pipes on the dorsal underside. And then... um, there may have been a minor explosion and a broken gas pipe involved. We tried to get as much oil out as soon as possible, and R4-D6 told us to get you and show you the oil composition, in case you might be able to tell if there's any smelting impurities and a major problem in the engine, before anything fails mid-flight."  the poor Padawan rambled.

Anakin waited patiently for him to finish and picked the tray up from the floor and placed it on the table, but as soon as he heard about the smelting impurities, his face fell dramatically and he swore unfortunately loudly, attracting a fair amount more of unwanted attention from the nearby Jedi, who had already been staring at us due to the commotion.

"Soleli insists she's ready to handle starfighters on her own when she has much to learn about rocket systems." he murmured, before turning to Obi Wan and me. "I'm really sorry, (y/n), and Obi Wan, but I need to make sure the Padawans don't burn down the hangar. I'll see you." Anakin pleaded.

"No worries, Anakin, I'll rain check this for you." I told him, tapping his forearm as a goodbye.

He nodded to me and Obi Wan before storming out of the cafeteria, but not quietly:

"Why did she open the underside up? I told her the engine was running smoothly and to try any of her funky mods on the upper side of the engine!"

"We tried to tell her, Master, but she wouldn't listen to us."

"Is the engine still running?"

"Um, I think she tried turning it on to see if it still worked...?"

"WHY WOULD YOU TURN ON THE ENGINE?! Arud, is she trying to blow up my starfighter and the entire hangar with it?! Hurry, before something happens! Quick, comm her! Your girlfriend is unbelievable!"

"...She's not my-"

"That's not what's important right now!"

"Someone is never touching Anakin's precious starfighter again." I joked to Obi Wan. Even if I wasn't friends with Anakin before, the rumours of his love for his starfighter and the excellent adjustments he'd made to make it legendary ran rampant in the Temple. Everybody knew how important that starfighter was to him.

"He tries to let the Padawans learn on his starifhgter since he thinks that he's made enough failsafes should something break mid flight. But I agree. Did you know he calls it 'Baby'?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"No joke. He loves that thing, but he's always willing to take on a protege from among the Padawans. Anakin's very keen on engineering and passing the knowledge on."

"I can see. He's so sweet with the Padawans, too." I told Obi Wan.

"I was actually hoping to catch you so we can talk about it." Obi Wan replied, clearing his throat.

"Right. Do you want to do this here, or reschedule for Dex's?" I asked him back.

"Here works. What leads do you have so far?"

"Astonishingly few, Obi Wan, but I there is a saving grace. Are you familiar with the quote, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."? Because I've been eliminating some of the impossible, and one thing I have ascertained, is that Anakin's definitely not hiding the Holocron. Nor did he take it."

"Then how come you're still with him? Do you want me to talk to the Council and reassign you?" Obi Wan asked.

"Which brings me to my next point. The facts are a little bit too good for Anakin to still be scot-free, which means even if he is innocent, someone with him isn't."