4 - Just as Rebellious as Anakin Skywalker

"Why do you insist on 'taking a walk'?" I asked.

"I'm beginning to think there's a spy in our ranks. Or worse, it's a clone or even a Jedi behind this. Until aforementioned mole or traitor is either ratted out or my suspicions are proven wrong, I'll sleep better knowing for sure that nobody heard our conversation." Obi-Wan replied

"Fair enough. You really can't tail two Jedi in public without them noticing." I said, casting a look over my shoulder.

"Definitely not. Anyways, I thought that we should do this 'sync-up' elsewhere, too. What suits you?" he asked.

"I dunno. I'm really not on Coruscant much, and if I am, I'm holed up in the Temple." I admitted. I don't frequent a bar unless it's on a mission." I confessed. Obi-Wan considered it.

"Neither am I. Anakin is the one who frequents the outside places.

Not that I think of the civilians as beneath us, but the Jedi are a different social group without much time to do as we want, a concept that eludes Anakin.

Some social bug he is. What's worse, if he goes to a bar or club, he usually ends up stumbling home, as drunk as a sailor." he grumbled. "Though now that I think of it he's always come home. Never gone out with anyone, though he's a huge flirt."

"Anakin as in General Anakin Skywalker, right?" I asked. "He was your Padawan, right?"

"And the most reckless if there ever was one." Master Obi-Wan grinned. I smiled. Obi Wan had a way of making any ordinary thing so amusing.

"He's just brave, and willing to go the extra mile." I said nonchalantly.

"There's a line between bravery and stupidity. I think I've said 'Anakinnnnn!' more times than I'd like to think about." he said, and we chuckled together.

"Master, with all due respect, sometimes you can be a little... overbearing." I shrugged.

"You think?" he asked, his mouth forming a perfect 'c'.

"Only sometimes. But anyways, back to the topic of where we should sync up?"

"Take a break, (y/n)!" he laughed playfully, rolling his eyes. "There's a place. Have you ever heard of the Dan Eiley shopping plaza in the Lower West End?" he asked.

"That's the... less respectable part of town. Didn't Ziro the Hutt control that part of town before he died? Doesn't some wealthy Skakoan dude that owns this profitable mining operation 'control' that place now?" I asked.

"Yes, yes and yes. You know more about that region than you pretend." Master Obi-Wan said, lifting his eyebrows.

"I think I had to go there to scourge for info on a recent mission." I shrugged. Maybe, maybe not. Or I'd simply just been talking to the black sheep of my battalion, Din, who loved seeing ever nook and cranny if the galaxy as it was.

"Anyways, if you walk to the end of Dan Eiley, there's a back exit that most people don't know about. Walk straight and you'll find small, grimy diner. A lot of the miners from that Skakoan's operation frequent it when they're on Coruscant, so it smells weird. A buddy of mine owns it, though, so don't diss it." he warned.

"I'm not that kind of person." I said.

"I thought as much. Anyways, I'll meet you there. 5 sharp." Master Obi-Wan commanded.

"Yessir!" I joked.

"Stop that. Now, my workhorse, get to work. I'm expecting a 40-inch essay on your findings tonight!" he said sarcastically.

I smiled evilly, waiting for the expression of shock he'd be wearing soon.

"Yes, Master. I'll see you soon." I said, heading back to the Temple, but Obi-Wan caught my arm.

"You might need this." he said, not really looking at me, as he pressed a small silver chip in to my palm. I gasped. It was a Master's Access Key. It gave you unlimited access to all the digitally stored data the Temple had to offer, from the temperature of the air outside to the most secret of battle techniques. I didn't know Obi-Wan as well as I did some other Masters, like Master Kcaj or Master Koth, so it was pretty normal to assume he wouldn't trust me with his Access Key.

Maybe underneath all those facades of perfection, Obi-Wan was just as rebellious as Anakin Skywalker.

**

(A/N)

What are we all thinking about the rEbElLiOuS Obi-Wan? XD

Don't forget to star, comment, and add this story to your reading lists! :D

Lots of love,

Quill