18 - Running Late

I woke up with a start, drool on my pillow. At first, I simply stayed in bed for a relaxing few seconds, enjoying the feeling. It'd been a long time since I'd woken up without my alarm, and I felt good about it.

I got up from my little cot, standard Jedi issue, stretched my arms, and smiled. Then I looked to my clock, and the smile disappeared.

It was 2:55.

Kriff.

5 minutes before my ship to Isoria was set to depart.

I had 5 minutes to get my ass out of bed, across the HUGE temple, and to the Dockyards, where I'd have to sign in first, before I could get to my ship.

Luckily, I sleep with my lightsaber on my hip, so I don't have to pin it on, like a lot of Jedi. Some of us sleep with our lightsabers on our nightstand, but the others, who are paranoid, sleep with it under the pillow or on their person in case of a sudden emergency. 

I'm one of the latter. 

I threw the covers off of me, opened the door with the Force before I could even get out of bed, and rushed out the doors and into the hallway like the Devil himself was on my heels. Jedi walking peacefully in the corridors threw me dirty glances, pissed at my uncivilized running, but I couldn't give a damn if I tried.

*

"Running late?" Stanner asked with a smirk. "Oh, wait, you're running, and you're late, so you must literally be running late."

"Shut up and log me in before my life  is over, Stanner." I begged, practically sobbing as I panted in exhaustion from having run halfway across the Temple Sector.

"That bad, huh?" He commented, logging my entry in under a few seconds with clever, masterful swipes.

"Worse, probably. I'll catch up later. See you!" I said, before taking off into the courtyard where my ship was. 

"See you, (n/n), have a great day!" Stanner yelled after me, and I threw him one last smile over my shoulder.

*

"Well, well, look who's here." The last person I want to see, but I still have to work with. Skywalker stood leaning against the entry of the ship.

 Skywalker stood leaning against the entry of the ship

"Hoping I'd be late?" I said dryly.

"I was counting on the opposite, actually, Amyre." He countered, with a victorious smirk.

"So glad to have disappointed you." I scoffed. Again with that stupid nickname.

"You know, I didn't think you were going to make it. You nearly fell asleep into your porridge today morning." Skywalker chuckled.

"Oh, shut up, will you?" I groaned, rolling my eyes and purposefully hitting his shoulder with mine on my way in.

"Sorry, milady." I heard him call softly after me.

" I heard him call softly after me

This son of a droid.

**

(A/N)

AYYYY HELLO THERE !!!

So, what are your thoughts on this chapter and do you guys like the GIFs? owo

Also, do any of you guys have Spotify or Discord? Random, ik, but that's me, queen of random.

I love you all, and see you seen!

Quill