90

"Okay, I see him coming out of the fog," Pat said. Micheal sat at the chair, finishing his drink and placing his cigarette in his mouth. They watched as Tommy walked into the room.

"How was the flight?"

"They say it's the future, i'm not so sure. Whiskey" he sat. "Hello, Micheal"

"Tommy" he nodded.

"Give me another" Tommy instructed, finishing his drink.

"We want you to take us to where the opium is being stored," Micheal said. "And then we will provide you with the bankers draft for the full amount" Connor spoke.

"Five million dollars" Tommy said. "Five million dollars" Micheal repeated, taking his hat and walking outside.

"I'll go with Tommy, you boys follow behind"

Tommy got to the car and Micheal felt about his pockets. "Shot, forgot me cigarettes" he said, walking back inside. Tommy got inside the car, closing the door.

Micheal hadn't forgot his cigarettes..

The men in the other car watched carefully from behind.

Micheal sat, taking his hat off and placing his gun on the table. Tommy looked down at his pocket watch, watching the seconds go down.

Michael's heart pounded.

Tommy sat patiently, looking at the steering wheel.

Micheal jumped as a loud bang sounded, smashing the windows of the pub. Glass shattered everywhere. He slowly lifted him head, breathing heavily. "Mum, it's done. It's over. May god forgive me"

Micheal looked over his shoulder, walking outside, freezing when he saw that Tommy's car was perfectly fine and the other one was up in flames.

Tommy got out the car, gun in hand. He pointed it. "Johnny, Johnny where are you?" he shouted.

Johnny Dogs walked round.

"I changed the ticker like you said, Tom. Tell me i've done a good thing here Tom."

Micheal looked between the two. "Goodbye Micheal"

"Goodbye Johnny, you're a good man."

"I'm gonna go look at the fog, Tom" Johnny nodded, walking off.

"Speak to me. Speak to me Micheal." Tommy said. "You killed her" Micheal said. "Polly made her own choices, Micheal"

"No. No one close to you makes a choice without your opinion Tom. Not Arthur, not me, not Ada. We can't escape you. Your lethal hand is always on our shoulders."

"Polly was half of me, still visits me in my dreams. She'll visit me no more" he said before sending a bullet into Michael's head. His body flew backwards, hitting the floor. "I have no limitations" he whispered.

-

Delilah sat, completely drunk, staring at the wall. She knew someone would visit, she could feel it. She could feel the shivers climbing up her body.

"Delilah, Delilah, come play with the horses," a voice shouted from outside. She jumped up, looking out the window at Ruby who stood waving at her in the dark.

Lilah ran downstairs, out to the stable. "Ruby?" she asked, dropping to her knees as the girl ran into her arms. "What are you doing here?"

"A boy called Reggie told me to come see you. He said you needed me" Ruby said, touching Delilah's red hair. "What do you mean..?" she frowned. "He said you were sad. And somethings happening, isn't it? But it's all wrong, everything's fine, i know it."