75

Delilah walked through Watery Lane, making her way back to the house. Suddenly she bumped into someone. "I am so sorry..Luke?" her eyes widened.

"Oh..Delilah?"

"I've not seen you in years. How are you?" She smiled, giving him a once over. "I'm good...yeah. How are you holding up. You still with Isiah?"

"Yeah, still with him. I've been in New York for that last few years, opened up a Designer shop"

"That's amazing, well done."

"I'm gathering you have remained here..how's Ronnie doing?" Delilah questioned.

"He..er..he's better. Got himself involved in dodgy shit but he's doing better"

Sadness filled her. "Oh...well, i best get going. Have a nice day" Delilah dismissed herself.

She'd not thought about what happened to Reggie in a while. During her time in America, neither Reggie or Francis had visited her. Part of her was relieved by that but the other part wished they had.

"Lilah," Tommy spoke as she walked back into the den. "Delilah, we need to go home." he said. Before she could speak, he placed a hand on her back and walked her out to the car. "I've got things to do, we're killing the fascist tonight and i need you at home, safe."

She didn't argue, she just got in the car.

-

Tommy walked into his office, looking at Polly who sat alone. "Arthur asked whose side i was on," she said. Tommy sat. "There will be a war, and one of you will die, but which one i cannot tell" she said.

He hummed. "He's gonna do it anyway"

"Yeah."

"You should know if Aberama takes his side, i will kill him." Tommy said. "And what about me" she asked. "I'll do what i have to do Pol,"

"Kill, and kill.." she said. "The only way to make people listen" he whispered. She grabbed an envelope,  placing it down. "Soon you will have a stage to stand on, millions of people will listen to you and you will run the country like you run this family"

"It appears to be what people want."

"But not me, not anymore, my resignation" she said.

-

"Look i have to go, yeah, i have to go" Finn said, patting Billy on the back. "Go where?" he asked. "They're shooting the fascist tonight" he said.

"They're gonna do what?"

Finn shushed him.

"Mosleys in town" Billy said. "Really?" Finn said sarcastically. "Look, go into town, get some drinks and some girl." he placed a roll of cash in front of him. "Listen to the radio"

Finn left and Billy glanced at the phone, hesitating before grabbing it.

-

"Here, look, a little" Arthur whispered, giving Barney some cocaine. "Here i'll join ya"

"You know what you're doing don't ya?" He asked. "Yeah, Tommy checks his pocket watch, i count to ten, then i blow the other blokes head off"

"Yeah" he nodded. "That's for after" he placed a vile in his pocket. "Thank you Arthur"

"Oh and Soldier, you're meant to..you run like fuck, don't stop."

"Run like fuck" Barney repeated.

-

Music began playing and lights were bright. Barney stood, his eye on the stage, gun in hand.