72

"Ladies and Gentlemen" Mosley stepped onto the stage. "We'd like to extend our gratitude to the musicians and the dance company for your wonderful performance" everyone clapped. "This has been a wonderful evening" he said. "And not only for the music and the dancing. It has also been about us. The people gathered here"

"English people in the very heart of England. There are no people I would rather be among, no place I would rather be and no time I would rather be alive, because ever since the terrible events of October, when the money markets betrayed us all... I have known that change is coming. The human species has never faced such immense possibilities, such choices. In the lives of great nations...there are moments of destiny...which have swept aside small men of convention and discovered men of the moment."

Murmurs came from people in the crowd.

"And our host is such a man. For him... For him, the little calculations of little men mean nothing. He is a man well suited to the mighty mood that England is now in. The only reason I say this now, at this moment, on this stage, is because I have some news."

People laughed.

"Good news, I think. I'm sure our host will forgive me if I use this platform,this gathering of friends and like minds, to give you, his trusted allies, an early announcement of a long-overdue event."

Tommy stood beside Lizzie, listening.

"I want to tell you good folk
first... that with the dawn of a new decade..I will be setting a new course. Setting up a new political movement here in the very heart of England. And Mr Shelby will be with me, shoulder to shoulder."

Everyone clapped again and the multiple members of the Shelby family shared glances with each other.

"It will offer a new conception of politics in which the great character of the British, our true character, will be reborn. Many of you lost fortunes in the recent stock market crash."

"The men of money," he paused. "the capitalists in New York, the Jews... the money-power, they... they run an international system in which the infinite mobility of money, its capacity to create financial chaos and panic, can bring down any government that dares for one moment to oppose it. For generations, the efforts of hard-working men like you have equipped our competitors against us. The cotton mills of India. The cotton mills of Asia. Created with British money but used for the destruction of Lancashire and Yorkshire!"

"Disgraceful" A man shouted.

"The usurers of New York,
the sweated labour of the Orient combining to destroy the iron and steel factories of Warwickshire and Staffordshire. These are policies that could not be pursued by British statesmen unless they were mad or the servants of Jewish finance! They are the ones who took your money, but it is I and those who know this truth who will light a flame the atheists cannot extinguish! The ranks of our heroes of the Great War have been betrayed again and again by politicians!"

"But hear this - those of you who
fought the Jew war for nothing, you brave men, you will join hands
with the angry youth of Birmingham and Manchester and London
and Liverpool and declare that England lives tonight and marches on!"

"What is going on" Micheal whispered. "I don't know" Delilah stared at Mosley.

"I say all this to you now..."

"...because I believe it is in places like this, with people like you,that we will have to pass on our message directly. Our message can be summarised with these words - Britain first. And because this is our message, I doubt it'll be reported fairly in the press. I'm afraid the newspapers of this country are owned by the same vested interests who took your money."

" They sell to the people false news... to raise the interests of the faction and the section above the interests of the nation. So hear my words and pass them on to those with ears to hear. And be reminded that when the new decade begins, there will be the birth of a new political party which will speak for you."

"Someone get him off" Delilah scoffed, "he looks ridiculous"