89

"Good news, Micheal, listen. That was our informant from Birmingham. The Shelby men will all be together on Sunday. But Arthur will be having dinner at the bar at the Garrison Tavern" she lit a cigarette. "As i recall, the Shelby table is right next to the windows, correct?"

"Every tables a Shelby table" Micheal said, sitting down.

"Yes, but..maybe our people could just drive by and shoot Arthur through the glass without even getting out the car," Gina suggested.

"Micheal, we've talked about this there's no other choice"

"This business is between me and Tommy."

"Yes. And when you kill Tommy, Arthur will come after you. He has to die too,"

"If Arthur's in a bar, he'll be drunk" Micheal said. "Or worse, at least he will die without pain. Who will do the killing?"

"Tommys working with a faction of the IRA. Connor has connections. They made a deal, a favour in return for guns. But Micheal, whilst the assassins in the city, Tommy has a son" Gina placed her cigarette into the ashtray.

"He's a kid" Micheal raised his eyebrows.

"Kids grow up" she shrugged.

"Gina, we don't kill women and we don't kill kids."

"The informant also mentioned a new boy named Duke," she said. "Do you want a fucking bloodbath, Gina?" he raised his voices "I know about the new boy, i've decided that the illegitimate son is not a threat. My decision. Only Arthur."

"Delilah? The daughter,"

"Fucking Delilah are you joking. She has never been a threat and never will be. Leave her out of it."

"Micheal, baby. Everything's been agreed. Everybody wants the same things, how many men do you think they killed with bullets and blades? That's how Tommy became king. And in three days time, that's how you will become king. Deep down, Arthur and Tommy want to be dead anyway. On sunday, we'll just..give them what they want."

-

The men carefully walked with the bag, gently placing it in the back of the car. "Be careful with this baby, you see any potholes, you drive round them" Connor said.

-

"Mr Shelby called to say to expect you" Frances ran outside. "Yeah, we've came to do a bit of gardening" Isiah told her. "We're hearing so many rumours about what's happening to the house."

"Tommy, says that your second best quality after your baking, is you don't ask questions" he muttered, handing her money. "Get everybody away from the house until Monday" he told her.

-

Micheal watched as they drove through the fog of Miquelon, stopping outside the pub. He looked around, walking inside.

The barman placed multiple glasses in front of them.

"There's only one guest here" he said. "The rest of the rooms are free if you want to use them while you wait."

"Our friend will be here by the time it gets dark" Micheal said. "There was a storm last night. Last of a hurricane, boats all came here" he poured glasses. "He's not coming by boat, he's coming by plane."

"Then your friend is dead. Wind was like.." the other man whistled, imitating wind sounds.

"Maybe God's done your job for you, Mickey"

"My name is not fucking Mickey, there is no fucking god and Tommy will be here" he hissed.

-

Finn and Billy walked into the dark room. "Why don't you turn the fucking lights on, eh?" He said to Duke. "There's no longer any power in the house of Thomas Shelby" Isiah called out.

"Why not? What do you mean? What happened?" Finn asked. "I thought there would be girls here," Billy said.

"Who needs girls when you're in a house bound for hell" Duke said.

"Fuck do you mean? Eh, what the fuck do you mean?" Finn shouted. A gun cocked and Duke fired it at the wall, lighting it up each time. "Fuck" Billy shouted.

"We can do whatever we want in this house. It's got a death sentence." Duke whispered.

Finn scoffed, throwing a wine bottle to the floor. "I don't want to drink, I want to go dig up this fucking bodies, yeah?" he asked.

"Got to wait till all the bodies are buried before you start digging them back up."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Finn hissed, inching closer to Duke. "I'm a fucking Shelby" he shouted. "So am i" Duke told him.

-

Micheal stepped outside, lighting a cigarette. "He's here" he whispered, going back inside. Connor brought the bag back inside, opening it and revealing a bomb. "Step back and give me a bit of light eh boys,"

"The charge is set to blow in thirty minutes. That's at exactly 16.20 has everyone got that?"

"I'll do it, this is between me and Tommy, i'll do it with my own hand" Micheal picked up the bag. "I'll come with you" Connor said, following him out.

Micheal carefully placed the bomb in the back of the car that Tommy would end up driving in. "It's just a pity you didn't have the guts to shoot him face-to-face." Connor teased.

"My mother was a gypsy. She saw the future. She always said it wouldn't be a bullet that killed Tommy Shelby." he whispered.

-

Billy held his bleeding face.

"Take the gun, Finn" Duke said. "Arthur says if you don't do it, then you can walk away from this family for good."

"What the fuck do you know about family? You're not family. You're the son of a fucking whore." Finn shouted. "Just take the gun, do it Finn"

"Take the fucking gun" Billy whimpered.

Finn took the gun. "Now you have the gun, Finn, you have the gun" Billy said. "Use it on these fucks" Isiah punched Billy in the face. Finn pointed it at Isiah, then at Duke, pulling the trigger but nothing happening. He did it again and Duke took it from him:

"Charlie Strong told me, when you give Finn the gun. Make sure the first two chambers are empty" he chuckled. "Good old Uncle Charlie"

Billy ran at Duke and he turned, sending a bullet into his head.

Finns breath was shaky and Isiah's mouth parted.

"You are no longer a member of this Shelby family. By order of the peaky fucking blinders"

"I will come for you, i will fucking come for you" Finn shouted, swallowing the lump in his throat.