Chapter 11: Bar Conversations

Comincia dall'inizio

I step out of the car, Ghost walks over to me, taking his mask off throwing it into the car. We start walking towards the bar, this area is unfamiliar to me, but it's nice to know a good bar I could go to. We walk in, the atmosphere is warm, the place is bustling with people talking and having a good time. "Wanna sit at the bar?" I ask, "Yea-" Simon get's cut off by a man yelling across the bar.

"GHOST! I GOT US A TABLE!" a man yells out, we both turn in the sounds direction. I look around confused, Who in the world.. Simon turns to me, "Are they talking to you?" I ask. A man comes over, hitting Simon on the back, "Ghost, we made eye contact, don't be a bitch, and you" the man says turning his attention to me.

I watch as he looks me over, he puts his arm around me, starting to lead me to the table. "I don't think we've met yet, what's your name?" The man asks. "John MacTavish, Sir" I say, he raises his eyebrows, "Sir? You know me?" The man asks, "Sargent Kyle Garrick" I say confidently. I watch as he smiles, "Well since we're drinking tonight, I'll let you call me Gaz" he says.

We arrive to the table, another man is sitting, he looks up. "Captain Price?" I say, he holds up his already started drink, "MacTavish" Price greets. "Sir" I nod to him, I sit in the seat closest to the wall, Gaz sits next to me. Simon grabs his arm, pulling him out of the seat, "OK, ok, I'm moving" Gaz says, sitting next to Price. 

Simon sits next to me, crossing his arms, an unpleasant look on his face. "Ignore him, he just looks like that" Gaz says. "It's fine, I'm pretty use to it now" I say, Gaz chuckles, grabbing a drink menu. "Shocked anyone can stand that, how long have you been around here?" Gaz asks, "A month and a half, but I've worked at base to close to a month" I respond.

He nods, "The fuck you move here for?" Gaz asks, "Garrick-" Simon says in a dark tone. "Simon.. I moved here to be closer to my daughter" I say, Price raises his eyebrow, "Married?" Price asks. "Divorced" I respond, Gaz scoffs, "Well tonight we're gonna make you forget" Gaz says, getting up from the table.

"I'm getting us shots" Gaz says, walking over to the bar, Ok this seems to be going well. I look to Price and notice him staring at me, "You seem close, calling him by his first name" Price says. I look to Simon, who's staring intensely at Price, I push his foot lightly with mine. Causing him to look at me, I flex my eyebrows, he lays back, more relaxed.

"I think he just likes hearing it, I call him Ghost too, but not often" I say, Price lets out a hearty chuckle. "Not a lot of people have that pleasure" Price says, Not a lot of people? "Guess you can consider me lucky" I say. Gaz comes back to the table, passing around shots, Simon pushes his away. Forgot he wasn't drinking, I stand, I lean down to Simon's ear.

"I'm gonna go get you that drink I promised" I say, I scratch his back lightly, leaving for the bar. I walk over, leaning on it, I wave over a bartender. Simon leans close next to me, his chest close to my arm, "Sorry about him" Simon says. I shrug it off, "Not how I would imagine my first impression of my two highest superiors, instead of casual drinking, it feels like a second job interview" I say.

"Trust it's not, but if it's too much we can leave whenever you want" Simon says, I turn to him. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were going soft on me" I reply smirking, he has is worried look in his face. I let out a chuckle "I'm fine, it's been a minute since I've had a group of friends to drink with, but I'm adjusting and it's ok. Go sit down, I don't want you to see what I'm getting you" I say. I pat his chest, turning back to the bar.

After I returned to the table, all I could remember was Gaz feeding what felt like an endless amount of shots. Drink after drink, hard laughter, and some memories that come out quite fuzzy. At the table was just me Gaz and Price, Ghost had left off somewhere "Haha, you need another shot, I'm getting you another shot" Gaz says, not as drunk as I.