Chapter 2: Strange Nicknames

Ghost POV

I sit patiently in a booth with my arms crossed, I look around, the shop is not too crowded. I focus on the table, closing my eyes. I wish I had my mask. I look out the window, people enjoying their day, walking side by side. To be able to walk down the street freely, without having to worry about prying eyes. Do I deserve to be this envious of other people?

I continue to watch the people walk by, across the street, I see a man looking to the window of a shop. He shields his eyes from the sun, looking around, maybe looking for someone. I watch him as he turns in my direction, I furrow my brow. "MacTavish?".

Soap POV

Why are there so many fucking coffee shops around here?! I look around trying to see if I could spot him through one of the various windows, the sun is beaming down on me, this is honestly hopeless. I turn to the street, my face quickly turns shocked, "ANOTHER FUCKING COFFEE SHOP?!" I quickly cover my mouth.

Shit, I look around, people are looking at me strange, walking around me. I stand up straight, "Really excited for some coffee at... 4:46pm" I say out smiling. I look back to the shop, I quickly cross the street. I walk along the window, looking in, What am I even looking for? Do I look for the mask or the man? I let out a annoyed groan, I look through the next window.

I look down at the man sitting down, our eyes meet, Golden blond hair, dark eyes. "Found you" I whisper to myself, "What?" a woman says behind me. I turn, she shows a confused face, "What was that?" I ask. She furrows her brow, "You found... me?" she asks pointing to herself. My eyes widen, I put my hand up defensively, "Nonononono not you, I saw my friend through the window" I point to the window.

I look over and notice the man is looking the other way, on his phone, Oh this mother fucker. I knock on the glass, he ignores me, I turn back to the woman. "I know it doesn't look like it but I swear I know him" I say apologetically, a man walks out of the shop angrily. God fucking damnit.

Ghost POV

Outside the window I try to ignore the yelling, I look at the window, one of the workers is yelling at John, he has his arms up defensively.  I turn away again, I notice people looking at me and the conflict that's happening outside of the window I'm next to. I look down at the table, sinking my head down. Please stop looking...

Soap POV

"EITHER GO IN AND BUY SOMETHING OR GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" The man yells, I walk into the coffee shop. "FINE, I'll fucking buy something, get off my back" I say angrily, I scan the shop, people are looking at me nervously. I sigh, God damn pedistriants, I look over and I see the man sitting in a booth.

I make my way over sitting across from him, "Hey did you see me outside? I knocked on the window" I say. I start to take off my jacket, he looks up at me, "Really? I didn't notice" He says sarcastically. I scoff, "Anyway, sorry I don't know this area well, and that is no excuse for there to be 3 different coffee shops in the same strip" I say. 

The man leans back, crossing his arms, "Either way, my interview?" I question. The man looks me up and down, "Tell me about yourself" he asks, "I kinda explained my past in my file, not much to say really" I answer. "Then let's just talk, what's better than a coffee with your future employer?" The man says, he waves his hand in the air, getting the waiter's attention.

The waiter comes, over holding a notepad, "hello welcome to-" The waiter looks over to me. She points at me with her pen, "My boss told me that if you don't buy anything, I have to kick you out" The waiter says. I look to the register, the man who yelled at me outside is looking in my direction with an angry look on his face. This fucking guy, I turn back to the waiter, "I'll take uh, slice of strawberry cake" I say.