Chapter 6: Discovering Something New

Soap POV 

"Surprised to see you actually at your house, move" The woman says, pushing past me. "Hello to you too Lydia" I say, unenthusiastically, I follow her as she walks in. Simon stands from the couch, facing us, Lydia turns to look at me. "Who's this?" She asks, "Friend" I respond dryly, her angry look still obvious.

She turns her body to face me, crossing her arms, "You're just on the couch with another man with my daughter in the next room?" Lydia says. Her statement annoys me, I walk in front of her, blocking her view of Simon, "Our daughter, and we're just talking" I reply. She rolls her eyes, "I told you to leave her at my house" She says. I raise my eyebrow, "By herself?" I say, she scoffs "Benjamin was there, and I trust him" She explains.

"So that means I have to trust him?" I counter, "There's no talking with you, I'm taking my daughter" She pushes past me. I flinch, staying in my position, This is fine, stay calm. I look over to Simon, who's standing by the couch, with his hands behind him. He watches her as she grabs Maddison's things, putting them into her purse, she then walks into Maddison's room. 

I stay where I'm standing, This is fine, Simon makes his way over to me. "Are you doing alright? What's going on?" Simon asks. I keep my eyes down, This is fine, stay calm, "Johnny, you're shaking" Simon whispers to me. I'm shaking? I look at my hands, they're balled up into fist, I'm not calm, please stay calm. 

Simon grabs my hand, his hand soft against mine, I grasp onto it. Stay calm, be calm, I take a deep breath, trying to steady my breathing. Maddison's bedroom door opens, I quickly let go of Simon's hand, looking to Lydia. She's carrying Maddison in her arms, she walks over to me, with a stern look, she whispers "Next time I tell you to drop my daughter off at my house you do what I say".

Ghost POV

She walks past us, leaving the apartment, closing the door behind her. I watch John stare at the door, he's shaking again. What just happened? "Who was that?" I ask, trying to get some basic understanding of the situation that just unfolded in front of me. John turns, walking to the dining table, "That's Lydia, Maddison's mom" John says. 

It's starting to make sense.. Kind of, "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. Please say no, I already regret asking this, I'm horrible at comforting people, He sits down starting to twiddle his fingers. "It's fine" John says, You're lying, "Simon.." John says, the way he says my name is full of sadness and only what I assume regret, "Yes Johnny?" I reply.

"My.. Relationship with Lydia as you can see isn't the best, but I push aside a lot to be a good father" He says. His words confuse me, but I listen, "Can I... Let you in on something?" John asks. I give him a light nod, he smiles softly, "Even after everything I went through with Lydia, I would give up so much, just to have another one" John says. 

What happened with Lydia that would cause him to react like this? "Another child?" I ask, he nods, his smile slowly fading. I rest my arm on the table, "You could keep asking me questions if you want, possibly get your mind off.. That" I suggest. He looks up at me, his eyes examin my face, Those eyes. "The scar on your face, did it hurt?" he asks, I feel the scar, I barely notice it anymore, sometimes I forget it's there. 

"Hurt like hell, but I survived" I say, feeling sort of proud, he examines my body. "Do you have any more scars?" John asks, there's a pattern with his questions. "All over" I respond, "Which one was the worst?" He asks. I feel my heart start to speed up, the beats becoming unsteady, I lean back in the chair, I place my hand on the side of my abdomen. 

Show him, I reach out my hand to John, he hesitates but grabs it, I place it onto my side, keeping my hand on his. "This one" I say, I feel his thumb feel around, searching for the scar. I slowly move his hand up, "I was ambushed, they held me there, using a knife to cut along my body however they pleased" I say. John's eyes are focused on the movement of his hand, while I'm focused on him.

Up from my side to my chest, "I bled for what seemed like hours, and while I was blinking in and out, someone saved me" I say. "You.. Must've been grateful" John says, I scoff a little, "Something like that" I say. I move his hand up to my neck, we meet eyes, my heart starts to speed up more. I feel myself start to breath a little heavier, I slowly sit up from my chair, moving closer.

I could feel the grip of his finger's on my neck, He's pulling me closer, wanting me to be closer. "Isn't that so" John whispers to me, his voice rings in my ears, his words repeating themselves. Getting slower and slower, "Johnny.."

Soap POV

I'm on the edge of my seat, I pull Simon in, connecting our lips together. Closing my eyes, the shaking feeling in my heart subsides, as my mind goes blank. I stand, keeping our lips connected, feeling the warmth of his hands wrap around me. I felt desperate, wanting more, wanting to feel more than just...

My eyes lazily open, in front of me I see him, What... Am I doing? My eyes widen and I push him back in the chair, I look down at him, he's shocked by my sudden reaction. I remove my hands from him and step back, wiping my mouth, "I... I'm sorry" I say. What have I done? "I-I'm sorry, it's just with what had happened with Lydia, and I-I've just been single for so long so, and you being here, I-I-I" I stutter.

 Simon stands from his seat, looking in my direction, I watch him, he slowly moves closer to me. I lean back on the counter, he stands in front of me, leaning down, putting his hand on either side of me. His dark eyes become attached to mine, heavy breathing, I slide my hands onto his face. Bringing it close to mine,  Everything about him... I pulls his face in, desperate for his touch, just to feel the warmth of his lips once more.

VRRMM VRRMM VRRMM

We stop, I reach behind me for my phone, keeping my eyes locked on his. He leans back a bit, looking down on me, I look down to my phone. A text from Lydia, 'If you're not too busy "Socializing" with your little friend, pick up Maddison from school tomorrow'. I feel my chest tighten.

Ghost POV

I want more, I want to feel your skin on mine, I want you to say my name, I want to see your eyes, now. Show me your eyes, look up at me, I want to see myself through your eyes. I look down to John's phone, he's getting broken up messages, from the ones I can see it's more of him getting berated.

The worry in my chest pushes the desire I have back, the screen turns off, I look back to his face. He stays looking down for a moment, What's going through your mind that of yours? He places his hand on my chest, I side my hand onto his, allowing his fingers to feel my fingers to intertwine into his. He pushes me back lightly, I stand back, unblocking him from the counter.

Keeping hold of his palm to my chest, his eyes look  up to meet with mine, they've lost the look they once had. I already miss the feeling I had when they looked into mine, John slides his hand off my chest, I let go, allowing my hands to rest at my sides. "I have to pick up Maddison tomorrow" John says, his tone sad.

I nod, "Right, well I'll.. Get going" I say, I start to walk towards the door. I don't know if I should stay or go, but from how the atmosphere changed, I'm not sure if I should be here. I grab the doorknob, feeling a pulling on my wrist, I turn back. John is looking at me, "Yeah?" I say, he quickly releases my wrist, clearing his throat.

"Sorry, for.. That, do you want to join me, in picking her up? I understand that you're busy and might not be able too, but you don't have to" John rambles. "I'll go" I say, he silently nods, I turn back to the door and step out, closing it behind me. I start walking down the hall, the walls aren't as lively as before. They're quiet, I miss the noise, I hate this quiet, When did I start to dislike the quiet?

I stop, thinking to myself, thinking about his eyes, his voice, his hands. Why am I thinking of him? Why does my head fill with pictures of him, reminding me of his touch, like he's still here. Am I... Smiling? I shake my head, removing it off of my face. The feeling remaining in my chest, I put my hand on my face, my palm smells of him.

No longer do I feel envious, but something missing, a emptiness for the warmth I felt when I was with him. Johnny.. Why do I feel like this when I'm around you?

{I have this shit planned, and when I tell you, there's a part I'm really excited to write. So I'm all up on my laptop, just typing like a crazy person. Enjoy!}